Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. JaxRhapsody

Removing Stuck Seatpost

You guys probably knew this one already, but for those who don't, it's a nice trick. Long story short; last year I came across two abandoned bikes on my trip downtown a few blocks apart, one of my favorite bikes; a Cranbrook, and a bike I had been wanting since I saw them, I think a year...
  2. JaxRhapsody

The Cobbler

I needed a spare bike and threw this one together. I did welding, so it counts as a build. I made cable guides from an ink pen I cut up and zip tied them on there. I think it has that muscle bike look, with that 650b back wheel.Last one was me at a bar with zero bike parking. There was a group...
  3. JaxRhapsody

Next and Kent LaJollas

I haven't seen too many of them, I always liked them because I thought they looked like a modern cantilever frame, and they are pretty light. This one was my stepdads, that died last year, my favorite color. He got it to replace the Schwinn Santa Fe II. I'm going to throw as much red on this as...
  4. JaxRhapsody

Walmart Klunkers

It looks like, at least in Canada that Walmart is selling new klunkers. This guy always does cheap bike challenges with walmart bikes and I'm pretty impressed. I'd definatly want one in black or red.
  5. JaxRhapsody

What can any of you tell me about a Huffy Koza?

I picked up this bike to build for my girlfriend and at first it looked like your average 90s walmart bike; ashtabula crank, heavy steel frame, sidepulls, but on further inspection once in the apartment, it has things I don't often see on those old bikes; a 3/7 drivetrain, trigger shifters, and...
  6. JaxRhapsody

Where do yall get thos triple tree forks?

With what happened with my project; I need one to replace the suspension one I had.
  7. JaxRhapsody

Cruisers with bull/persuit bars

I'm thinking about putting a set I have on my Drifter¹ to go with the 700c wheelset. It's the only bike I have that will fit the bars. Since I got tge wrong size by accident. Show me the money!!!
  8. JaxRhapsody

Frame types?

I don't know if it's been discussed before, or if I've asked before, and I haven't seen many mentioned in general conversations, but... I know cantilevered frames, like Cranbrooks, Earth Cruisers, Santa Fes. Which are my favorite. But is there a name for the frame style such as my Drifter¹, or...
  9. JaxRhapsody

The Black Bike... or Ninja Bike

I came across this late model Huffy cruiser and decided to try and throw it together. Ironically it replaced my torquois Cranbrook I gave to a friend, to shrink my collection down another bike. A nice black frame and my only complaint is it has a built in rear rack, which I though about cutting...
  10. JaxRhapsody

Basic rat rod build finished

I wish I had took more pictures, but it was a Huffy Cranbrook I had for a few years and couldn't figure out what to do with it; low rider, klunker, ???. I ran bmx wheels on it for a few days after I got it, it sat for whild before I converted it to freewheel and put some fliped bars on it. Long...
  11. JaxRhapsody

Basic Build: Bare metal dog

I kinda already started it...well stripping the paint anyway. Got this awesome aircraft stripping spray for my DB Drifter1, I have some parts for it..or had as I found out my ex was stealing things from me, two things being the set of 700c anodized aluminum deep v's, and kenda kwest tires, so...
  12. JaxRhapsody

DB Drifters

Anybody on here besides me own a Diamondback Drifter 1, Would like to see some.
  13. JaxRhapsody

Schwinn Stingray...

Not the good wholesome overpriced tiny beach cruisers, the... choppers(hurk!). What have any of yall down with them. I found one minus the front wheel. I have one or two ideas, just wanna see what has been done to them. Also will the fork just swap on any full size 1-1/8 bike head tube, my...
  14. JaxRhapsody

Can this be fixed?

I just picked up a Schwinn Collegiate with a Sturmey Archer 3 speed, it seems as though second gear is gone, I wanted to put this wheel on my rat rod project. Is there a way it can be fixed, or should I just ditch the bike?
  15. JaxRhapsody

Coaster to freewheel?

Is there a way to take a coaster brake wheel and remove the inner pads, etc, making it a freewheel?
  16. JaxRhapsody

help with future headlight

last year I found one of those solar powered yard lanterns. I took it apart and noticed it had used AA batteries. I planned on using it for a headlight. Now for the advice: I forgot how I was going to wire it. I think I'll need a three way switch. the solar panel and light sensor needs to...
  17. JaxRhapsody

The Something!

I just got a 2012 Drifter 1 cruiser that is going to be some kinda bike. It's sorta my first build as a member here, it isn't much but I'm hoping I can get it all done. I'm aiming for rat rod, cafe racer, dirt track/board track, klunker amalgation of parts that hopefully in the end turn in to...
  18. JaxRhapsody

how would i make a dual chain bike?

I tried google.search.but turned up zip. I want to build a beach cruiser with a chain on both sides.
  19. JaxRhapsody

I just got a bike to rat rod.

Last time i was here i think I was talking about a ratrod speedster using an 80s or 70s beach cruiser. But today was a wonderful day; i just came across a schwinn henderson. This one is a keeper. Hopefully i an finish it before the beatersville car show. Ill post pictures of it asap.
  20. JaxRhapsody

Can you drill more spoke holes in a deep V?

I have a set I want to keep but the rear one needs to have more spokes. THe spokes are arranged in seven groups of four. I was thinking adding about 28 or so more spokes because the wheel isn't really that strong as it is, nor put up with hard city riding.
Back