Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

weight ?

Stand it on the back wheel on a scale. If it has a rear fender, stand on scale holding bike, then subtract your weight.
  2. B

Pitting in metal?

First you should sand/grind all the loose rust/paint off. Then apply a rust neutralizer. There are many available at paint supply stores. Then put your body filler on, sand w/80 grit paper, spray multiple coats of sandable primer,sand with 180 grit between each coat til the last coat, then sand...
  3. B

Dyno Dynomatic

Dyno's are great bikes! I have had one for over 10yrs and it's still my favorite rider.
  4. B

Got bored on lunch brake today

You could make some good money repoping parts like that!
  5. B

How old are you!!

45 IN BODY, 14 IN MIND
  6. B

hammered metal paint

The biggest problem I have is getting a uniform texture when spraying on a non-flat surface. It will probably take a little practice, but you should get good results.
  7. B

H.S.B.&Co. Cruso - Now what?

Your better off with the bike instead of the Ghia
  8. B

New Departure Triplespeed still in box!!

I've been looking for one of those for a while. Good Score!
  9. B

And Now For Something Completely Different....

I love watching old skate footage. It brings back alot of memories. The Dogtown Z Boys were killing it back then. I saw a documentary about them a few years ago. I never realized how similar my style was to theirs til I saw that film. My friends and I were doing the same kind of stuff, only we...
  10. B

Frame plate?

I did one with aluminum diamond plate cut from an old truck tool box.
  11. B

Removing brake things

An angle grinder with a cutting blade will do it. The main thing you have to watch out for (except wearing the usual safety attire) is cutting a hole in the tubes. That will cause a possible future breaking point. If that happens, weld it solid.
  12. B

Anyone else ride Longboards

I still ride my shortboard and funshape, but we seem to be flat more than ever, so the longboard gets in the water most. Surfing and skateboarding has always been a great way stay in shape, but as I've gotten older my size has increased and reflexes slowed. I used to be very good at both, but...
  13. B

Anyone else ride Longboards

Ever since I got old (when did that happen?) I've switched from shortboards to longboards. I also ride longboard skateboards when the waves are flat.
  14. B

no good deed

Sometimes you have a good feeling and go with it. Too bad more people don't do things like that. This country would be a much better place. Great job! :D
  15. B

Spring Carlisle 2012 (pic heavy)

It seems like every car show swap meet I find alot of overpriced bikes and few deals. I think most people selling are looking for a big fish!
  16. B

I'm at my wits' end...

''I've lost count how many times I've tried to get it right; dis-assembling, cleaning, and re-assembling. I even assembled it dry - and it worked fine - but I didn't leave it that way, for obvious reasons'' quote This may be your problem. You're on the right track by changing lube type.
  17. B

Welding At Home...

A mig welder is one of the best tools you can own. The initial investment can be a little high, but you will find ways to make $ doing odd jobs for friends. I'm not a fan of Harbor Freight flux core welders because the output power can change while laying a bead (poor duty cycle). Small used...
  18. B

Columbia

That's a great bike. I have a 1940 that could be its twin! :D
  19. B

New Member Daytona Fl.

I've been lurking around the forum for about a month and have decided to join. It's been about 20 yrs since I've built a custom bike ( been riding a Dyno). I have just aquired an old Westfield that has rekindled my fire and will probably build a few for my friends. Building hot rods has been my...
Back