Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Endlesschain

.......and then you end up not doing squat

so you go to where ever you have your main bike empire, mine is in the garage, you are surrounded by bikes/parts/tools/other stuff and in my case a laptop hooked up to two monitors and a P.A amp with decent speakers that produce QUALITY bass/mid/tweeter sound that can handle some decent loud duf...
  2. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

Well here it is Sublime time, just a quick build nothing major just a nice clean looking fast commuter, nothing bling at all but tastefully done Have at it boys and girls build thread: https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/sublime-time.119397/
  3. Endlesschain

SWB0 Sublime time

Going to go with the sublime, most likely going to completely strip the bike, not sure of colour scheme but will leave the frame colour as is, I may go polished alloy or chrome, I may go black or I may paint parts, most likely a 1x 7 or 1x 8 gearing, I have no plan for direction, my shed is full...
  4. Endlesschain

Has anyone here followed their dream

Just curious if anyone here bit the bullet and changed their life by giving up whatever they were doing so that they can concentrate solely on bikes as a main source of income or the main reason for existing , wether working from home, renting/leasing/occupying a building for next to nothing or...
  5. Endlesschain

HEALING the soul

At home on the single track or on the street the Super City can handle it
  6. Endlesschain

Giant bmx cruiser convertion

Giant alcapulco converted to fun bmx cruiser, sorry no progress pics, this is another colab with my homie Mike, he supplies the bikes I supply the creative finish, very cruisy bike to ride, drilled out the rivits in the 3 chainring crank so to convert to single ring
  7. Endlesschain

Ballistic club roost mtb

So my homie in bikes just dropped this off yesterday, a very rare example in new zealand, apart from the seat and rear derailleur it looks to be all original even the tyres I would argue are original, the bike looks like it hasn't been thrashed but used more as a fun ride, even the gear and...
  8. Endlesschain

Shadow Speed

For your consideration "The Shadow Speed” now presenting for the fine ladies and gentle folk of Ratrodbikes social club, a wonderful 1920's era bare bones track velocipede mixed with the appeal of the 1960's and beyond wheels and drivetrain, Enjoy The build link...
  9. Endlesschain

Cannondale find

Latest score for $90, must have been repainted professionaly as there's no decals on the bike and they would have been clear coated, original Shimano 600 brakes headset crank derailleurs and front wheel, looks like original stem bars and seatpost, has a different rear wheel Alex rim hub is...
  10. Endlesschain

Scott santa cruz

Got this finished quickly rides buttery smooth and very cruisy
  11. Endlesschain

Shadow speed

Ladies and gentleman a nice specimen from bygone track days, no clue as to frame builder but sure is nice, this was riden several years ago by a good friend in fixedgear then passed onto me when he had a clear out
  12. Endlesschain

Healing the soul

So I got a matching his and hers healing supercity bikes off my friend Mike for a later project so for now I will have fun with the mens bike, I would guess its early 80s, nicely built mass produced, standouts would be the fluted seatpost and sugino crank and nice Lee chi all in one brake/gear...
  13. Endlesschain

Strip Dragger

well here it is, my main picture,I had planned to take the bike to a nice area for a good few photos but my sciatica is worse and causing muscle pain at present so off to chiropractor soon. Enjoyed building this one, mostly stress free except for working out how to do the rocker/spring always a...
  14. Endlesschain

New vintage ride to play with all the way from holland

Scored this bike today its from Holland, been under a house for 20 years, its a big frame, I'm 6'2" and I will have to drop the seat to the lowest point, haven't had a proper look yet but it is 3 speed and front hub light dynamo light system, and the frame lock still has the key which we all...
  15. Endlesschain

MBK tourer

Got this freebie off a friend that was doing a clear out, sat under a house for something like 15 years, haven't done anything to it except replace the battery in the Sach huret cycle computer (it still works) and checked the wheels, the spokes are stainless as I rubbed my finger along them and...
  16. Endlesschain

Strip dragger

Finally found the frame/fork, the fork is not original, its from a 27inch road bike but most likely will swap for a longer fork
  17. Endlesschain

The "TAXI"

Here's a bike I upgraded that I'm flicking off, was a better quality department store bike, nice alloy frame I taped up around the original branding and stenciled "Taxi" on it because that's what the colour scheme reminds me of, put better quality stem/bar/levers on, swapped the generic 700x25c...
  18. Endlesschain

You, the bikes you buy, built and sold and ultimately your journey to where you are now

So I was bored the other night and googled my name and the word chopper to see what came up and a couple images of bikes I did and posted came up along with images from my old flickr account and was amazed by the amount of bikes I had uploaded plus a landscape photo that I had edited that I...
  19. Endlesschain

How many sold a bike but then had the chance to buy back

So I had to sell lockdown to make some money and as it was the most involved and fabricated build I've ever done it was a regret to sell, well I seen the owner selling it so done a deal with my daughter who owed me money, so it ended up being about the same price that she owed me to buy it back...
  20. Endlesschain

Classic Centurion build

I came across a nice small old road bike while volunteering at our local bike Co op a few years ago, gave a donation for it and hung it up in the shed, well now it's time to grease the wheels as they say and get it mobile, I forgot to take a before shot but oh well, I'm not going to change...
Back