Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Retro Rat Rog

Schwinn Excelsior X tribute bike

I finally just got the rear seat tank. Looks like I will finally get started on making this a true Tribute bike.
  2. Retro Rat Rog

leaping gazelle

Here is my entry for the photo contest. Nice fall sunset with the bike looking at the tops of the trees from a stream below :) . I finished this bike not too long ago. Has some cool automotive trim and an awsome "handle" from a 1920's ash tray that I am pretty sure is a Grants Gazelle.
  3. Retro Rat Rog

PLACE YOUR VOTES HERE!

15th isn't bad, just wait till next year when I build a boys bike :mrgreen: Congrats to the winner, I love that bike. I am all for the old serials and retro rockets. Ride on dudes 8)
  4. Retro Rat Rog

LOCO-CYCLE by Junk Bros.

Really like this bike. Non traditional colors with lots of little touches. Love the retro train paint.
  5. Retro Rat Rog

Chicks need love too

I've always passed up girls bikes, or bought them as parts bike, but I have two more I'll be getting this weekend, so I'll build another and see if it sells. My wife has had so many of her gal friends coment on it that I wonder if their isn't an untapped market for girls bikes - getting the...
  6. Retro Rat Rog

Chicks need love too

I am in Halstead Ks, just north of Wichita.
  7. Retro Rat Rog

Chicks need love too

Here is the finished bike :P
  8. Retro Rat Rog

CHICKS NEED LOVE TOO - Finished!!!

Here is the happy gal. I imagine a cross between the wizard of oz music (you know the part) and Pee Wee's Playhouse. I've been calling her Pee Wee Hermione. :lol: She thinks the baskets make her butt look big :shock: I am sure that's it.
  9. Retro Rat Rog

Here is the finished bike :P
  10. Retro Rat Rog

Putting on the baskets was a lot easier than I thought it would be. At least the last step went well. I just attacted it with screws to the rack.
  11. Retro Rat Rog

Re: CHICKS NEED LOVE TOO Finally got the pinstripes done - not bad, but not great. A vlient first time. :) I'll post some photos once I get parts installed on the bike, then it's time to figure out how to mount the baskets. I have a few ideas: 1) use leather straps 2) use another set of metal...
  12. Retro Rat Rog

Re: CHICKS NEED LOVE TOO Geez, keep your bunnies on! :mrgreen: Wife wanted baskets, I couldn't put regular old baskets on so I found these (Longaberger baskets, and they weren't cheep :shock: ). I just need to work out how to attach them. Also still need to pinstripe, this will be a first...
  13. Retro Rat Rog

Re: CHICKS NEED LOVE TOO Finished another distraction. It's an AMF Skyrider. I dig it, came out better than I thought. :D Now back to the wifes bike.
  14. Retro Rat Rog

Re: CHICKS NEED LOVE TOO I have the fenders painted now, but had a "stripe" peal and I messed up fixing it, so now I need to really rework it. Once that is fixed, I will attempt my first pin stripe. :shock: My mother in law was very pleased with her bike. It rides very well - why is it that...
  15. Retro Rat Rog

Re: CHICKS NEED LOVE TOO Here is the bike painted, but still has a few parts to put on. Here is the rack. This will present many oppritunities for "nice rack" jokes to my wife :P . One of the bikes I picked up a few weeks ago presented a surprise as my mother in-law nearly broke into...
  16. Retro Rat Rog

Re: CHICKS NEED LOVE TOO Had some trouble with the front fork - the post at the top is bent. I can't believe how every step of this bike has run into a problem. Started painting the rack and fenders. Ordered a pinstripe machine, going to try to do this on my own :) . The kick stand I had was a...
  17. Retro Rat Rog

Re: CHICKS NEED LOVE TOO I started assembly of the bike last night. Fork on, handlebars, crank, but the pedals didn't go so well. On the inside of the crank arm, some of the threads were filled (not sure how) and the tap I have has the wrong angle for the threads, so now I need to snag one from...
  18. Retro Rat Rog

Re: CHICKS NEED LOVE TOO Finished painting the fork and bike, still need to get the fenders and rack completed. I alo have the seat and grips in, so all parts are here ready to finish up. To hold the bike while I paint I use a shop light stand that had broken (I couldn't throw it away)...
  19. Retro Rat Rog

Re: CHICKS NEED LOVE TOO Here are the current versions of that logo. (By the way, this is not for public use - this one is all mine :P )
  20. Retro Rat Rog

$5 find X 2

Thanks, OMG, I have seen those bikes but never thought I would have one. Man do I wish I had the tank!
Back