Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. RonK

Let's see those Kona HumuHumu & Kona A'Ha

Thanks Captain. Just Klunker Krew pics and such!
  2. RonK

Wrapped this one up last night and took it on the OG Klunker Krew ride along the American River bike trail and Sac State/East Sac. This bike absolutely MASHES! I can only imagine how it will feel once I get the feel for it 100%. More detailed pics and build info on my IG: @o_g_klunker_krew.
  3. RonK

I was fortunate enough to recently pick up a Humu Deluxe from the original owner. He called it his “old-man” bike. 26” hoops, nexus 3 speed gripshift (yuck), mechanical discs (original pads!?!?), up and forward stem, and pretty tall BMXish bars. It took me all of about 2 days to leave it alone...
  4. RonK

A little taste…the first one is always free.

Started tear-down and build up of the ‘68 Typhoon yesterday and this evening. This is going to be a fun little build! Btw-I posted all of the stock parts up for sale. S7’s, cranks, bars, seat..-all of it is up for grabs!
  5. RonK

I keep adding to the collection. Fortunately I have a really understanding wife with a vintage handbag passion. We balance each other out. Mid 80’s Schwinn cantilever framed Klunker build, 1968 original paint Schwinn Typhoon…and my pièce de resistance… an original paint 1937 double straight bar...
  6. RonK

Please help.

Thanks Team. Here’s a pic of the dropouts he just sent me.
  7. RonK

Please help.

Helping a buddy identify the year of this Hiawatha. Thanks in advance, guys and gals.
  8. RonK

Headset help

It’s an old YST Kōr 200. It’s an oddball, which is what I liked about it. It’s got a locking screw on the top bolt/cap. It’s worked well so far!
  9. RonK

Headset help

I actually did it on my Huffman. I’m running an 80’s Raleigh BMX cruiser fork. It’s solid so far and I’ve put a few hundred (trail and off-road) miles on the tank so far. If you zoom in, you can barely see the black anodized shims at the top and bottom of the headtube. Here’s a link for the...
  10. RonK

It’s a Renthal. They’ve been out of production for a bit, but I was able to score a few and stash them away. I have one on the Huffman as well now.
  11. RonK

Felt Bicycle Pics

V12 (mine) Armada (wife’s) and Customized Rail 29er (mine).
  12. RonK

Sorry- I don’t post on here as much as I used to. I’ve been out riding!! Thought I would share a few of our (my wife and mine) klunker/ cruiser builds. The 29er I’ve shared here before-it was actually my entry in to a build off a couple years ago. 1930’s Hawthorne 29er coaster brake Klunker...
  13. RonK

What's this called?

Chain tensioner. There’s some much cooler versions out there, though. I’ve got them on a couple of my klunkers/cruisers
  14. RonK

Withdrawn Vintage Sturmey Archer front and rear drum brakes! PRICE REDUCTION

Lowering the price to $200 each for the hubs or $375 for the pair. $100 for the cranks.
  15. RonK

SVG stencil files

Thanks so much for the quick feedback. I have a 49cc brain, so I’ll show my wife your replies. Being the cricut person she is, I am sure she will know what y’all are talking about!!
  16. RonK

SVG stencil files

I’m certain this has been asked, and I apologize in advance. I’ve spent the last 40 minutes searching through all the posts and could not find anything. My wife has a circuit, and I’m looking for an svg file for Schwinn DX frame graphics like the ones below. I’m building one up, the paint is to...
  17. RonK

Withdrawn Vintage Sturmey Archer front and rear drum brakes! PRICE REDUCTION

I’ve been collecting cool an unique bike stuff for years. I got these some time back for a build…but am starting to let it go, little by little. Up for grabs is a matched pair of Vintage SA drum brake hubs. Stamped “Made in England” and “5 79”. Great condition, and just the right amount of...
  18. RonK

A little help, please?

Thanks so much!
Back