Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Fat Willy

Hawthorne moto part out. And other parts.

All parts will ship USPS and will be actual shipping. All prices are best offer. Not trying to make a killing here. Just need some space. I know the pics are crap. If you need more or more info please pm. Hawthorne moto- Decided to part this out... Bars $100 Stem $50 Forks $75 Truss rods w/...
  2. Fat Willy

Rollfast or Elgin???

Something tells me it’s a little bit of both... Any thoughts? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Fat Willy

Fat Willy's private reserve-Free shipping!

I need to get the middleweights sold. No reasonable offer refused. Beat offer on everything else. 70’s Maruishi fixed gear. $250 SOLD 80’s Schwinn Prelude fixed gear project. $150 back wheel alone is worth more than asking. 80’s Schwinn Predator BMX $300 Western Flyer - Sonic Flyer $100...
  4. Fat Willy

Fat Willy's parts sale...

Thought I would start a different thread for parts and incomplete bikes. PayPal only as friends/family All prices are obo and do not include shipping. Chain guards $15 each or $30 for all. 1st Higgins from 24" bike above. Small dent. 2nd from a 26" prewar Higgins. It hinges up after the back...
  5. Fat Willy

Bought two this week...

The first one was a bit of a late Valentine's Day gift as well as a bribe from the wife. The second one was just a good deal that came up on CL from a fellow Minneapolis club member. Thanks again Bob if you see this. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Fat Willy

1951 Monark Super value?

I'm in the middle of negotiations on this bike. I just want to get opinions on value. The guy claims to have offers of $400 and $500. Is he way off? It's a barn find and rough but seems complete. Not a piece of chrome is left. The paint seems good less the surface rust. If not seen it in person...
  7. Fat Willy

Some signs I made...

Not for sale at this point but I just wanted to show off some "artwork" I made for the garage and see how much if any interest there would be if I did start selling them. I could actually sublimate any image. I am also planning some trophies for this years build off. They are vintage ads...
  8. Fat Willy

Any ideas on this one?

No head badge, sprocket looks like a Columbia but I'm not sure. Any help is appreciated. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Fat Willy

1937 Colson rat project

Rust, crusty and crushed rear wheel. Let's get down to it... The good: Bars are strait Art Deco stem Frame is in decent shape Truss rods, forks and brackets are straight Triple drop center front wheel (and it spins!) Peaked front fender in good shape New departure model d in the back that is...
  10. Fat Willy

What is this?

Hey all, Trying to help a friend identify this and find out what it's worth. And it is for sale... I'm assuming it's a schwinn of some sort but he'd like to know model and year if possible. And value. It's got the Art Deco stem, skiptooth sweetheart chainring, dog legs and chain adjusters so...
  11. Fat Willy

52 Monark General...

Hey everyone! It's been a few years since I've been on here and I recently rekindled the old bike love in part to trolling around on here again. So, I started scouring CL for a new project... Much to my surprise!!! I came across a Monark General that I had my eyes on a few years ago that ended...
  12. Fat Willy

NO uSe fOR a NaME!!! (aka Checkered Past)

This is my first build off. This is what I am starting with. 24" Hawthorne (not sure on the year yet). I have been patiently waiting on tearing this thing down. I have had it since February and has been burning a whole in the garage. :D I hope you all enjoy what I have planned for it. This is...
  13. Fat Willy

Minneapolis Tour De Cure 6/1...

This event isn't until June 1st but I wanted to put some feelers out and see if anyone is interested in putting together a group of vintage riders. Here is a quick blurb about the cause... "Tour de Cure is more than just a cycling event. It's a life-changing event. A day full of fun and...
  14. Fat Willy

Another tire fitment question...

I'm somewhat of a noob so bare with me please... I want to buy the 24x2.125 cream tires from Chimi for my RRBO8 bike but I am not 100% sure they will fit. The bike is a 60's 24" Hawthorne twin bar middle weight. I am pretty sure the tires will fit the rear but I am unsure on the front. Anyone...
  15. Fat Willy

The stable is getting bigger...

Picked these up from CL...I did a quick fab job for them. I built an ice auger mount for an ATV. Cost me about $15 worth of material. What do you guys think?
  16. Fat Willy

Rat Tail...Huffy Rail build.

So, as promised...This is my son's first build of anything. He is very excited and we have done a bit of work on tearing it down. The kicker on this build is that he will be updating this thread as we go. I hope everyone enjoys. Here is how we got it minus a few parts (the parts we didn't get...
  17. Fat Willy

My other 2 wheel project...

She is a 73 Suzuki GT380. Soon to be cafe racer. I've been working on it since last winter. Other things always seem to get in the way. Hopefully I'll have her on the road by next spring. and my mini truck...a lot of years in the making. May finish it some day. Older projects long since...
  18. Fat Willy

Picked these up...

My son and I picked these up this past week...Cleaned them up a bit for a ride tomorrow. I will post builds for each once we actually dig into them. The 26" is a Coast King El Camino...the muscle is a Hiawatha. Don't know much about it.
  19. Fat Willy

New guy in Minnesota...

Just found this forum and I want to say hi... Going to pick up this bike this week and it will be my first non-bmx build. Anyone know anything about it?
Back