Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. bigfatcat

Firecat with tank?! columbia.... I think?

So I had the best craigslist pick ever today. 40 bucks for all this! There's a Firecat with the tank. I'm not sure what the twin bar is but the rear dropouts look Columbia-ish. There's a near pristine bendix single stripe with wing foots! Plus the cheesy girls cruiser has a near mint SA 3...
  2. bigfatcat

Kreep Koach

So its no secret I love horror and monster based everything. One of my all time favorite shows is the Munsters. I love everything about it, but I REALLY love the Barris vehicles. The Munster Koach is TOO cool. I'm going to be loosely basing this build on that basic idea. YES! I've had...
  3. bigfatcat

Trikenstein (time for bed)

I just picked up the trike from fellow RRB member snarehead123 a week or 2 ago. It's an Trail Mate Ez Roll and maaaaaaan is it wobbly. It uses a single square tube along the bottom to hold it straight-ish. I also got a Kulana Makamaka a while back that I'm planning on fixing up to the rear...
  4. bigfatcat

Kulana Makamaka

Found this weirdo little 24" on craigslist yesterday. I've had moondogs (which are monstrous pieces of poo.) This one actually rides pretty nicely. The guy said his son put MAYBE 5 miles on it. I think it's time to make a big kid muscle bike with this one! The little lady and I took a cruise...
  5. bigfatcat

Frankenrod (switch up pg. 3)

I've had this half OCC/half Cranbrook sitting around for quite a while. I've also wanted a stupid low chopper for a long time. I'm going for a penny theme here. I don't have and set drawings, it's just kinda falling out of my head as I go. That's a 190/30 Avon Gangster on the OCC rim...
  6. bigfatcat

1990 Schwinn LeTour

So my water heater blows up 2 days ago. Not normal slow leak kind of explosion, the epic basement flood kind. Today I finally got replacement mostly installed. Still flippin' mad, mostly because I left all the vent pipe at the store, I set out to go pick it back up again. As I'm driving I...
  7. bigfatcat

Repop Krate?

http://albany.craigslist.org/bik/3729236281.html Looks like its in pretty crusty shape. I know nothing about the repops. What are these guys even worth?
  8. bigfatcat

Who knows Rollfast

I grabbed this Rollfast 24" today for 40 bucks. I have no idea what it is and I can't find serial numbers. Anyone have a rough clue? Not sure where I'm heading with it but I'm thinking of wedging 700c's in there and going for a speed build!
  9. bigfatcat

Rollfast on craigs?

I'm not super familiar with rollfast stuff. Would this be worth the 55? I've dealt with this guy before and he gave me a heck of a deal on a bunch of girls columbias. http://albany.craigslist.org/bik/3649159921.html
  10. bigfatcat

50's Columbia cycle truck?!

Hi everybody! So, I've always wanted a cycle truck. I've tried to grab one for a reasonable price for a while now to no avail. I've had this 50 something 3-star (as far as I'm aware) for a bit now. It's been a board tracker, a chopper, a muscle bike. You name it I've tried it and never been...
  11. bigfatcat

Hello from upstate NY

Hello everyone. My names Terry. Long time lurker first time member. I used to race XC moutain bikes but sadly my knees can't take it anymore. I bought a Kulana Moon dog a bit back and got bitten by the rat pretty hard. Here's a little bit of what I've been working on this year. Moon Dog...
Back