Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. junknutz1975

Tumblin Down....

:whistle: Today I was finally able to get started on my build. I am officially jumping in the ring for my 3rd year in a row... This is the frame that I am starting off with. It is the remnants left behind after stripping it to build 3 other rats... Still some life left in it... So here goes...
  2. junknutz1975

1945 Elgin by Junknutz1975

3. junknutz1975

Chicopee , Mass

Ride along with me :thumbsup:...... Here is an old factory that is being torn down. The building has a real rich history in Chicopee and in the bicycle industry. It is the former little tire company..... you may have heard of them before....... Fisk...
  4. junknutz1975

May 1st , 2014 August 2nd , 2014 :) I went for an awesome, drizzly, 1 hour 45 minute long, Elgin ride this morning around my hometown of Chicopee Massachusetts. Trolling around for the perfect location for a photo shoot. I couldn't settle on just one :39: Ride along with me...
  5. junknutz1975

Huffy Cranbrook " Rattitude Adjustment "

July 30 , 2014 :crazy2: Immediately after I finished building my 1945 Elgin Build Off 9 bike I wheeled it into the backyard and started on my next project...... This is a quick makeover project that I was " commissioned " by a friend to build for him...... Quick background.... OK, so I...
  6. junknutz1975

1945 Elgin

5/1/14 1945 ELGIN...... This is my 2nd Build - Off :thumbsup: I had such a blast joining in last year , it was a no- brainer that I had to have another go . Much like last year ( it is New England :confused: ) it was pouring rain all morning ..... Pacing and pacing , waiting for it to...
  7. junknutz1975

YouTube Collective

Who here has a YouTube channel ? Might be a cool idea to post a link here so we can all subscribe :113: Kinda like a YouTube RatRodBikes.com directory ...... Maybe you posted a how to tutorial , a group ride , bring us along on a pick , a bike show ,etc ......
  8. junknutz1975

1968 Sears Screamer .... Spring has Sprung!!

Spring has finally sprung! :113: After a loooooong drawn out winter I was really Jonesin' to get outside and play with some rust. I bought this 68 Screamer a smidge over a year ago. I immediately parked it in my bike stable for safe keeping for a later date. I plan to preserve ,and NOT...
  9. junknutz1975

Real world Bike stand opinions.....

OK, I am thinking after Christmas I might want to get myself a Park bike stand.:39: It is a pain in the butt balancing a bike on your head or shoulder as you are trying to change forks , or rims ( whatever it may be, it's a Pita). What are the differences ( Real world ) between the Pcs-9 and...
  10. junknutz1975

Raleigh Chopper ( Well , it found ME )

8) About 2 months ago I was out riding my 1974 Schwinn Stingray Fastback 5-speed around the neighborhood, and a guy flagged me over to the side of the road to check out my bike......... we got to talking about his Stingray he had as a kid........ I told him I collect bikes ..... He is a meter...
  11. junknutz1975

Elgin skip tooth ballooner w/ MUCH BETTER PICS

:D I found this one on craigslist. This is the crappy cell phone pic the seller sent me. its an Elgin ( craigslist ad had it listed as a Velgin .... I knew better , you know, the big v on the head badge in the background :lol: ) Its got a cool headlight , drop center wheels ( not sure what...
  12. junknutz1975

1955 Huffy Customliner Tank Deluxe

:D Found this beautiful 24 incher at an estate sale I went to with my buddy. It was all apart but pretty complete, I propped all the pieces together to snap these shots 8) It was from the original owner , included was all the cool literature that came with it when new. I haven't tried...
  13. junknutz1975

GUMBY RUMPUS by Junknutz1975

8) Voting thread pic please :mrgreen: Special thanks goes out to all of you great folks that have helped me make this build possible ....... bikesnbuses -------Columbia springer fork chimichanga --------Green tires and tubes ind-chuckz-------Heavy...
  14. junknutz1975

GUMBY RUMPUS***** Crossed the FINISH line!!

OK!! I bought this bad boy @ the Dudley Ma bicycle swap meet ( November 2012 ) and have been collecting tid bits to build it up. I THINK I have all the pieces of the puzzle to rat it up right. I am late to start but eh ,what the heck!? :wink: COUNT ME IN!! I am joining in the "anything goes"...
  15. junknutz1975

Help! Schwinn skip tooth

getting confused....... This is not a fresh find, I've had this Schwinn for almost 2 years now and cant seem to find anything online serial # wise that helps date it. The schwinncruiser thingy seems to come up with 1952 no matter what I punch in ( as I have many Schwinns in my fleet ) so I...
  16. junknutz1975

estate sale skip tooth

I found this at an estate sale this past sunday.( http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... 16&t=71121 ) It was in a huge pile and felt it was way too cool to see it get scrapped. So I got home and gave it a quick bath to see what I had...... Ive been googling ever since to try to figure out...
  17. junknutz1975

Estate sale with a huge barn finds!

Yesterday my friend and I went to a huge estate sale that had an enormous 3 story high barn. Chock full of rusty and crusty goodness. It was a barn that we had discovered last fall when we were out "freestylin " Frank and Mikey style :wink: . Last fall we saw this farm house and barn had a long...
  18. junknutz1975

Trip to our favorite junkyard!

Yesterday my best friend and I went on a roadtrip to our favorite old car junkyard. While rummaging around in a split window VW Bus I found these bad boys on the cargo floor under a bunch of leaves and junk cardboard. I have wanted some for a long time. I was extra excited to have found some out...
  19. junknutz1975

1968 SEARS SCREAMER

you guys know how it is.... when your co-workers learn that you're a bike geek they start sayin things like..... " so, you are always playing around and buying old bikes, see if you can get me a ......that i had as a kid " well i found it for him. he showed me pics online ( he googled it and he...
  20. junknutz1975

what year jc higgins is it?

just picked this up today ( mainly for the beehive springer and skip tooth / balloon tire drivetrain ) i dont know what year it is though. can anybody help ? thanks in advance
Back