Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. tonygameboy

The best seatpost for klunkin?

Well I have one of his seat posts that I decided not to use on a build. Thankfully he turned both ends :) so I'm going to cut them and bam I have two seat posts one of which will go on my klunker build. I LIKE BIKES
  2. tonygameboy

Schwinn Heavy Duti Industrial Bike

I installed these bb adapters last night but in turn may go back to the original cups. This frame has been a new challenge no doubt!! I LIKE BIKES
  3. tonygameboy

Oh my issue is that I used a OPC off what is assumed a road bike. No bueno!! I LIKE BIKES
  4. tonygameboy

Just don't do what I did and assume any one piece crank will fit a balloon tire frame bike ;) I LIKE BIKES
  5. tonygameboy

I'm working on it's sister the Deliveri but not sure of value. Bicycle808 should know though or Ind-Chuckz. I LIKE BIKES
  6. tonygameboy

Mongoose Beast Fat Bike build and ideas

You considering drilling the rims? I've been debating between the Beast and Dolomite (I like yellow/black). I LIKE BIKES
  7. tonygameboy

I wonder how these rims would hold up on trails? I LIKE BIKES
  8. tonygameboy

Ill be hanging around here for a bit as I contemplate building a fat bike out of a Schwinn Heavy Duti. If I can find used mongoose wheels and a fork I may be in business. Over at MTBR there are some nice builds as well. I LIKE BIKES
  9. tonygameboy

Schwinn Heavy Duti Builds

Doesn't look like there's too many 24x3 Fatbike builds with MTB tires. Between eBay and Amazon I only found one set of 24x3 tires. I could do the 26x3 rear 26x4 front and hunt down a used Mongoose FB fork. I LIKE BIKES
  10. tonygameboy

Well that's a good way to build a fat bike! I'll have to see a pic of this set up!! You may of just changed up my build! I LIKE BIKES
  11. tonygameboy

I'd like to see what you guys did for cranks. Original? TruVativ bb adapter? More than likely I'll be going with a 26x2.4 setup and will be on some trails. I made a booboo and tried using an oldschool Schwinn crank and the arms are too close to the chainstays. Bicycle808 chimed in and has helped...
  12. tonygameboy

24T Rear Cog

Don't you just grind the raised parts on the cog? I LIKE BIKES
  13. tonygameboy

3 piece crankset on cruiser frame???

Mr Know It All! I truly mean that in a good way haha
  14. tonygameboy

3 piece crankset on cruiser frame???

I just put a 3PC on a 2010 Schwinn Hornet via a TruVativ bb adapter. Truvativ American-To-Euro Bmx Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VT550K/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_CjL7tb1CH1YRV
  15. tonygameboy

Interesting New 2015 Electra Moto-Klunker

Oh I didn't think ya said that about my rims haha. You know the only rim I've EVER had fail was a nice double wall rim off a Raleigh MTB.
  16. tonygameboy

I took the Electra on several trails (off a paved greenway) and no issues. I've yet to even true the wheels after 2 years :) All the trail riding was on the original 26x2.125 knobby tires.
  17. tonygameboy

By the way what makes ya think the Electra rims will fold any more than a standard single wall aluminum rim from the LBS?
  18. tonygameboy

I've had nothing but good luck out of my Electra Cruiser.
  19. tonygameboy

I'll be using a set of Electra Cruiser rims for my Klunker build ;) I'll report back maybe this weekend.
  20. tonygameboy

Get Klunk

Now I'm debating on what bars to use. I want/like the chrome swoop back but I'm worried about trees and control in general. The black bars will put me hunched over a lot more and that's bad for my back.
Back