Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. FrankNBrew

How do I clean out a rusty seat tube?

I pulled the seat post out of my 1956 Schwinn and the post was about 4" long. So I picked up another post of full length, but it does not want to go in any further than a couple inches. I need to clean lots of rust from inside the seat tube. Is there a special tool made just for this? Or is...
  2. FrankNBrew

1956 Schwinn straight bar value

I found a Schwinn straight bar for sale and I'm wondering if it's worth the asking price. Any advice is appreciated. https://kansascity.craigslist.org/bik/d/kansas-city-1956-schwinn-hornet/7120055927.html
  3. FrankNBrew

Felt Drillium Chainring Wanted

Anybody have a Felt Drillium chainring they are willing to part with? Preferably black, but polished would be OK, too. Thanks!
  4. FrankNBrew

Felt Surf City chainguard

I just picked up a red Felt Surf City cruiser and the chain guard has taken some abuse and is in rough shape. It’s a long shot, but if anybody here has a red Surf City chain guard I’m willing to buy it at a reasonable cost.
  5. FrankNBrew

Spoke advice

I have a 24" Felt rear wheel with 12 gauge spokes. I'm going with a multi-speed hub which requires shorter spokes. I would love to cut and roll my own spokes, but I don't have a spoke threader (roller?), and I don't want to break the bank. So my questions are: 1) How much do I need to spend on...
  6. FrankNBrew

Locate some 24” rims

I’ve been spending way too much time trying to locate some extra wide 24” rims to mount a set of 24x3 Thick Brick tires. At the narrowest I would like a set of the Felt 50mm rims, but even wider would be better. Does anybody have a source for these they could share?
  7. FrankNBrew

FOUND **FOUND** Felt MP handlebars and 24" Felt rims and front hub.

I'm looking for the OEM Felt MP low rise cruiser handlebar with crossbar. I am also looking for a set of Felt 24" Superwide rims and Felt front hub...the shiny large diameter hub. Condition is not critical, as long all parts can easily be refinished with light sanding and paint.
  8. FrankNBrew

Felt aluminum frame bottom bracket woes

I picked up a new Felt 1909 a couple weeks back and decided to upgrade to a 3 piece crank with sealed bottom bracket. After driving in the bearing cups with a dead blow hammer the axle was very difficult to install. I had to use the dead blow, and whack the axle quite a bit. After installing the...
  9. FrankNBrew

Cheap springer forks...

Chubby's cruisers is clearancing their springer forks on Amazon. They have 2 chrome Nirve springers for $19.99 each and 4 HBBC springers on sale for $24.99 each (3 orange/black and 1 red/black). I already picked up the last Felt Jerry Springer and one set of the Nirve forks. Get em while...
  10. FrankNBrew

Felt OEM 3 speed shifters

Every Felt 3 speed I've seen has the shifter where the entire grip turns, rather than just having the rubber ring that turns with a shorter grip. I like the full grip shifter, but I don't these for sale anywhere. Is this a special shifter, or is this a standard shifter and grip with some kind of...
  11. FrankNBrew

Multi speed hub recommendations

I picked up a brand new Felt 1909 single speed last night. My first thought is to install a multi speed rear hub. I already have 2 Felts with the Nexus 3 speed hubs. I want to do something different this time. I'm thinking maybe Nexus 8 speed? I've been looking around the site for a couple hours...
  12. FrankNBrew

Trying to find some brown pedals

I found these pedals on a few European websites, but they only come in 9/16", and shipping costs a fortune. Can anybody help me find a set that looks like this, in 1/2", preferably in the US. Brown Pedal by FrankNBrew posted Feb 24, 2017 at 10:53 AM
  13. FrankNBrew

White cruiser saddle

I need a quality white cruiser saddle for my project bike. I like the feel of the standard seats on my Felt cruisers. I would prefer no black anywhere (chrome springs and white bottom...if possible). No markings of any kind...just white. Any ideas where I can find something like this?
  14. FrankNBrew

Shimano Nexus 3 speed shifter question

Will this shifter work with a new Nexus 3 speed hub? Does anybody have pictures with this on a bike? It looks like a nice option for my bike for now.
  15. FrankNBrew

Tire suggestions

This bike needs new tires. Maybe a bit fatter, and a different color? Suggestions?
  16. FrankNBrew

SG-3C41 vs SG-3C41-DX

I've searched all over the interwebs and I'll be darned if I can find anything comparing these two hubs. Looking at the spec sheets the only differences I can find is that the DX comes with a silver sprocket vs black for the non-DX. Also the DX gets a cap nut for the left side rather than a...
  17. FrankNBrew

Felt Monster El Guapo build

I've been out of the bike building game for about 30 years now and it's time to jump back in. I picked up this Felt last week and I'm ready to make it all mine. I'm joining a local shop where I will have access to a sandblaster and powder coating equipment, in addition to a whole shop full...
  18. FrankNBrew

Another newbie.

My name is Frank and I live in Warren Michigan. I bought my wife a Felt Patchwork cruiser last year and she loves it so much I decided to buy myself a cruiser. In the last few months i searched online for dozens of hours and Google kept sending me to threads on this site. Yesterday I finally...
Back