Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. chattymatty

Shimano Nexus 8-speed 26" wheelset SOLD

$225 shipped.
  2. chattymatty

Electra Stream Ride seat and tassel grips

harp used Electra Stream Ride flamed leather saddle and matching leather streamer grips. Pics tell the story. $75 shipped domestic.
  3. chattymatty

Shimano Nexus 8-speed 26" wheelset SOLD

Very lightly used 26" wheelset: stainless steel spokes with alloy front hub and Shimano 8-speed roller-brake rear hub COMPLETE with roller brake, locator washers for Schwinn cruiser frames, left/front brake lever and integrated shifter/rear brake lever with all cables, ends/hardware, etc. etc...
  4. chattymatty

Schwinn ladies tank w/horn SOLD

My old man picked this up for a build a couple years ago, I believe it was NOS at the time. I assume it's original Schwinn but I can't be certain (why would someone repop a women's tank considering the small size of that market?) The horn unit is new reproduction and works great. $60 shipped...
  5. chattymatty

Vintage 24" cruiser wanted

I've got a 24" Scrambler project I should get rid of kinda cheap. It's an '80 24" Schwinn middleweight with '48 26" heavyweight forks, new SS spokes in the wheels bla bla bla. Ray and I sort of started at the same time on sister projects, but his deep pockets won and suddenly i just wasn't so...
  6. chattymatty

1986 Laguna California Special F/F

26", 21.5" TT. Geometry appears identical to Schwinn middleweight but for the 1/2" shorter TT.
  7. chattymatty

1986 Laguna California Special F/F

1986 Laguna California Special 26" frame. The Akisu version of Laguna's famous cruiser. Pics tell most of the story. Known Issues: Frame appears to have been repaired at the BB with brass brazing... looks plenty storng though you might want to file it a little smoother for looks. Hole in...
  8. chattymatty

1981 King Sting 5 -SOLD-

The bars I'm keeping for a special order 24" Predator I've got and the rest of the parts are going on that Nikasa/Laguna wannabe three bar frame. Picked up a 21" King Sting just before Christmas and it just fits me better even if it does look more like an MTB than BMX sexy. Eventually they'll...
  9. chattymatty

1 1/8 threadless headsets machined for your old frame

33.5mm for the Worksman. It's right in between both standards :)
  10. chattymatty

1981 King Sting 5 -SOLD-

1981 King Sting 5. 100% OG paint and decals- plenty of patina, but the decals are nice and dark with no fading, just some checking with age. Had a water bottle cage, plenty of chain slap, chips where the kick stand was mounted, bla bla bla . Just a nice used frame for your starting point that's...
  11. chattymatty

Shamelss plugs always welcome :) Blue is out of stock for a week or so...
  12. chattymatty

That's right kiddies, these are still on the menu. And yes, these will adapt that threadless fork to your old school threaded headtube (standard BMX/ballon tire sizing anyway, not for roadie sets). TASTE THE RAINBOW! RED-BLUE-GOLD-BLACK-SILVER. These are a no-name/non-logo Asian import, but...
  13. chattymatty

Custom made bar extensions- NOW UP TO 2" per side!

6061 Aluminum extensions up to 1" per side, custom sizing available, will come sized for .740 ID cromo bars unless you specify otherwise, but pretty much anything is on the menu. REMOVABLE design available for lengths UP TO 1" per side. Stainless steel hardware won't rust and can be transplanted...
  14. chattymatty

Need help with parts

Thanks for the hookup on Blkmarket. Hadn't stumbled into them yet, been looking for a tapered leg fork to use as a base to make threadless King Sting tribute forks, but of course things like Surley's all put the axle under the leg so there's so much offset in built in at the crown that buy the...
  15. chattymatty

Need help with parts

Thanks for the nod (shameless plugs always welcome ;) ). If I recall that measurement on the headset cup was 33.5mm- right in between the normal BMX/balloon tire threaded sizing at 32.8 and the 1 1/8" sizing at 34mm. Just note that some forks have the bearing cone machined onto the steerer...
  16. chattymatty

Anyone stumbled across one of these? Laguna California Special?

I'm subtle like that. Thought it would be bad form to list it here AND run the Q thread ;)
  17. chattymatty

That one's a Hanter. You run across their ads in old BMX mags.
  18. chattymatty

Naw, they're stamped, to be sure. It isn't someone just being creative (like I would lol). It wouldn't surprise me if maybe Laguna had the frame designed, then Akisu offered it to Hanter to sell as a low end version- the drops certainly appear very similar but whereas I've seen several ads for...
  19. chattymatty

Is this a sting?

Sting Comp 100%. Frame is identical to SX2000 but the first gen (Tange) forks for the Sting/SX had problems with the drops cracking, and basically when they rolled out the new forks they changed the name too. DR=April 1980 build on the frame, which is right at the transition. They sold both...
  20. chattymatty

All-time Great Cook Bros Racing Cruiser #001

Na, just happened to be up at the show and that was one of the few pics that turned out well. Hot rod my android as well, and that build was being a glitchy... well it rhymes with glitch ;) Might be the man himself, he and one or two of the boys were there.
Back