Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. K

Fat Cruiser (aluminum, disc ready, $890)

Crank, Tires, bar, stem, post, seat, etc. Maybe 300 retail. So I paid to change out: Crank/bearings - $60 Headset/Stem - $30 Tires - $70 Seatpost (which someone bent and replaced) - $15 Grips - $5 Had on hand Bars/pedals/seat Total out of pocket $395 & cut nearly 10 lbs.
  2. K

Mongoose Beast Fat Bike build and ideas

Saddle is just a take off I got from the LBS a while back, pretty simple standard cheap MTB/Road sadle.
  3. K

Houndogs FatRat...

Oh yeah!
  4. K

100 mm x 15 degree rise stem & 400 mm kalloy seatpost. Comfy for a 6' guy. Still probably 40 lbs. branded:
  5. K

'tis a beast should I?
  6. K

Headset installed* & bb, note the rubber gasket on the bb- Such a big difference in action from the stock parts. I'll reassemble tonight after work. * you will need an extra spacer for the headset to work as it changed the stack height.
  7. K

Just did the bb. I found plenty of grease but an oddly tightened set up. I dunno what results you guys got adjusting the stock bb but the new YST set is smoooooth. Gonna keep the stock set as a back up. The headset has to wait for the shop tomorrow to press the cups & seat the crown race.
  8. K

that is the bearing set, yes. The way I figure the cost of the bike is kept so low by putting the lowest grade components available, 110 bb? 1 1/8th threaded headset? - bonkers sizes if you ask me - with few options to upgrade. The YST bearing set feels pretty substantial & smooth so the upgrade...
  9. K

I said I was finished, what a joke.. Lets drop in a YST cup & bearing set & a Tioga Avenger 1 1/8th threaded headset and see what happens.
  10. K

Strange clanking sound when going over bumpy surfaces

if by bumpy surface you mean grass or gravel it's sand & grit kicking back from the tires.
  11. K

to answer anyone's crank questions: I put the Truvativ E4001 cranks that others have linked to. They went on without any issues and I used the stock 14m bolts to attach to the spindle. They are excellent cranks for all the torque it takes to push this Beast along. 32x18 gearing. Might go up to...
  12. K

rough guess right now is a respectable 40#. Steel stem & steel bars - 400m seat post isn't exactly light, the cranks are remarkably lighter though. The stock cranks are frighteningly heavy.
  13. K

gonna call this one finished. Changed the tires, cranks, stem, bars, seat post, seat & pedals. Quite the ripper now.
  14. K

I've been wondering about the stock seat post, is it Alu or Steel? how long is it?
Back