Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Adding front brakes

I think v brakes would not have enough room. Possibly cantis? Or rehub with a drum brake.
  2. J

Strange clanking sound when going over bumpy surfaces

Chain guard has been removed. I will try and flip the cog. It's not gravel. Sounds like a rattling bearing. Double checked the chain and it is tight enough that it is not slapping.
  3. J

No Kickstand, Chain Tight, and the headset is tight. It sounds like a loose bearing or something rattling in the frame? Pulled apart the rear hub again, thinking maybe a bearing got loose, but all was well. I am out of ideas at this point.
  4. J

Hello everyone, Yesterday I swapped out the 18t cog for a 20t, to make it a bit easier to pedal. I also added some grease to the internals of the hub, and as far as I know, got all the bearings back in the right place, and the brake still works. After taking out for a spin, now it seems like...
  5. J

Mongoose Beast Fat Bike build and ideas

What cranks did you use? Since the threads are on the bottom bracket did you use the stock nuts from the mongoose crank to tighten?
Back