Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. SpokeAndTruth

Rookie Sub-Comp?

I didn't finish mine the way I wanted to by the deadline (for some reason I thought it was Aug 31st... rookie mistake huh. :) ) I'll post some pics to my thread sometime today just so folks can see what I got done.
  2. SpokeAndTruth

Leather saddle pictures

Stumbled over this thread while doing a search for a leather saddle I have. I've never ridden on a Brooks or other good saddle so I have no point of reference really. I have though, ridden on some crappy vinyl saddles and know my leather one (i have it on my cruiser right now but am going to...
  3. SpokeAndTruth

'81 Le Tour Tourist – The Talisman update 6/09

Thanks Jats. I'm really liking this color scheme so much more than my original idea and feeling so much better about my first build now. Pictures as promised. Verdict: I am in love! The wife and kids got in on the action to tear the tape and newspaper off. Pin stripes Lugs talisman...
  4. SpokeAndTruth

Re: '81 Le Tour Tourist – The Talisman update 6/9 Alright... with my clown colored frame now only visible in the history of this thread I now am feeling much better about the the color scheme of my build after putting a hunter green on it. I did that a few days ago. Or was that last weekend? I...
  5. SpokeAndTruth

First Ride in 50+ years: 2023 Update

Re: First Ride in 50+ years: Quick&Chilly DQ ride Hi Steve, I'm a pretty new member to the forum at RRB and I found your thread from an FB post the website put out last week. Took me a few days but I've finally reached the most recent post. I'm sitting in a local hotdog place for lunch as i...
  6. SpokeAndTruth

Re: '81 Le Tour Tourist – The Talisman update 6/3 Unveiling the frame So my oldest stepson came out to watch me finish up the frame after he saw me taping it off. A few sprays of my rattle can, a little bit of waiting and we started taking off the tape and newspaper. I gotta be real honest...
  7. SpokeAndTruth

Re: '81 Le Tour Tourist – The Talisman update 5/30 Thanks Kingfish. I was liking the paint too but then I did the lugs and it really pulled the wind out of my sails. I was really disappointed with the color scheme.
  8. SpokeAndTruth

Re: '81 Le Tour Tourist – no theme update 5/30 Wow... a week since my last update. Time flies, right. The three day weekend took me away from the build as I left on a father/daughter trip with my 19 year old to the Kerrville Folk Fest. Anyway, so how's everyone's build?!? I think I've...
  9. SpokeAndTruth

Re: '81 Le Tour Tourist – no theme update 5/24 MachineAgeVictim I found an open source software that is designed for frame builders but it had the outline of a bike in it. I copied the image, slapped it into photoshop added lugs and played with the color palette. So I came up with an idea that...
  10. SpokeAndTruth

Re: '81 Le Tour Tourist – no theme update 5/21 So I was right, 54cm. I measured my frame and it's 21" center of the BBshell to the top of the seat tube. Gah! :cry: I did a little research and it turns out this is the smallest frame Schwinn made of this model so I lucked out in that...
  11. SpokeAndTruth

Re: '81 Le Tour Tourist – no theme update 5/22 OctopusHook, thanks for the tip on how to identify welds. That will definitely come in handy with future builds. So after filing the frame and and going over it with some coarse steel wool, I took out my rattle can of white primer and got to...
  12. SpokeAndTruth

Re: '81 Le Tour Tourist – no theme update 5/21 I'm pretty short too Outskirts. Shorter than most guys coming in at a towering 5'3". As I've compiled parts I'm worried about this build in that I may like it too much to get rid of it but too short to ride comfortably. I think it's a 54cm frame. I...
  13. SpokeAndTruth

Re: '81 Le Tour Tourist – no theme update 5/21 So in a previous update on my build thread I showed some pics of me scraping the paint off my frame with my angle grinder. I eventually got it done and hit it with some primer. The only thing is I kept thinking about the remnants of the cable...
  14. SpokeAndTruth

Simplistic Speed, 100% done, pics posted! **Lightweight**

Re: Simplistic Speed, Holy Wooden Hoops, Batman!! *Lightweight* Those rims are absolutely amazing. What a perfect choice for this build.
  15. SpokeAndTruth

Re: '81 LeTour Tourist – no theme (update 5/16) Long time no update huh. I feel like I'm going a lot slower than a lot of the other bike builders. We do have till end of August right? : ) So check about this!! I had to be out of the office this morning to file some paperwork for a client but...
  16. SpokeAndTruth

Re: Ladies Rollfast Firestone "My Fair Lady"

This is amazing! Definitely gonna watch this build.
  17. SpokeAndTruth

Velo Jardin-1948 Westfield..COMPLETED!!!! (Video)

Re: Velo Jardin Just found your build thread. Very cool. I feel the same way on the fun thing and going slow. I'm surprised at how much fun I'm having doing this and I haven't even really done that much. Mostly I've just kinda thought about it. Good luck with your build Mama Jats. Looking...
  18. SpokeAndTruth

Re: '81 Le Tour Tourist – no theme @Von Stans Ha ha ha! Another rookie mistake! I didn't have to pick any of the wire out of my leg but I did get pinged four or five times pretty good. So I didn't get hit with too many but the few that did... hit me hard enough to be a reminder to wear pants!
  19. SpokeAndTruth

Re: '81 Le Tour Tourist – no theme So I was able to put in a little time since I last updated my build. I was able to grind off the paint on my Le Tour Tourist. Of course it was after a few hours of doing this and a few days later that I find on the forum that apparently you make this job a lot...
  20. SpokeAndTruth

Rookie Sub-Comp?

As I said in my intro to the forum "long time listener, first time caller." : ) I'm new to the forum although I've been watching the site for several months and this is my first time build... ever. My LeTour Tourist frame I'm using for BO#8 traditional section. viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72409 I'm...
Back