Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Pedal2daMetal

Re-tired Stripper (Formerly Spit Ply-er) IMAGES ADDED

Well this has been an incredibly fun time building this bike. It's the first time I've built a bike and definitely not my last. I found out about this build off just as the voting started last year and I was amazed at all the bikes so I knew I wanted to participate when it came back. The...
  2. Pedal2daMetal

Truss rod dimensions?

Does anyone have dimensions (or know where I can find them) of Schwinn 26" truss rods? I'm thinking of making some from scratch but don't have a set to use as a template. Thanks!
  3. Pedal2daMetal

RE-TIRED STRIPPER - Formerly Spit Ply-er DONE (basically)

First time building a bike and first time posting photos on here so bear with me if it isn't very successful!!! I have a 1956 Schwinn Spitfire that's been sitting in my garage for way too long. I bought it to build but haven't got that round tuit until now. Hope I can keep up with you...
  4. Pedal2daMetal

good deal on spaceliner?

OK, I apologize if I'm in the wrong group of threads here but I have a question on the value of a bike. I know a guy that is willing to sell me his fully chrome Spaceliner for $125. I'm still new to the whole vintage bike thing and haven't really looked for spaceliners - only Schwinns until...
  5. Pedal2daMetal

Detroit muscle... trying out bikes

Well I don't have much to say but I've always been a muscle car guy and since I can't ever make my mind up on what car I want bad enough to buy I've drifted into old bikes. I couldn't make my mind up on a bike either so I bought two. I have a 1971 Schwinn Typhoon and a 1956 Schwinn Spitfire...
Back