Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. akhenaten

First Anual Enid, Oklahoma Vintage Bike show - 17 August

I knew better than posting that LOL I've lived in OK long enough to know that "If you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes and it'll change". Good news man.
  2. akhenaten

bending forks???

I wonder if tapping some "1by" rails into the jig base would prevent sidewalking even more? The idea being that the 1bys would brace the forks and prevent rolling to one side or the other...obviously I haven't used the tool, but sounds feasible if I understand it's operation correctly. Use a...
  3. akhenaten

Thanks Jay. Here's hoping we don't get hammered with rain. Forecast is looking sketchy as of now. @@ Definitely familiar with Pane Vino....we ususally do dinner there when we go to Enid for Family visits. My little sister was the bar tender there for a few years....she recently moved to...
  4. akhenaten

Jay, Are there going to be any parking issues...are they going to be taping the area off? I plan on getting there 30 minutes to an hour before to track down some coffee and a good parking place. Just curious. Tanx
  5. akhenaten

bending forks???

Great thread folks! Awesome info and the jig is pure genius. I'd imagine that you get zero sidewalk of the forks while bending on that rig.
  6. akhenaten

Highcycle

killer work and videos. Amazing ideas!
  7. akhenaten

"DUCYCLE" The Duct Tape Bike

Awesome work man....awesome. crazy cool idea on the bars! That is gallery worthy!
  8. akhenaten

I'd and value please? Old? Stingray looking boys bike

BUMP. Can't find anything on this serial. All of the huffy serial "decoding" on the net is so far worthless. Serial: 1c296946 - If it *is* a huffy it's a 1971. Not much out there so far. Anyone have any advice? Jaxon...somebody? : )
  9. akhenaten

Wow. Rust, you have some killer eyesight. Even up close my blind ... didn't see that serial peeking through. I'll see what I can do to pull the rest of the numerics, and post/look for the breakout. The seat is definitely no longer metal flake, yet it's still pretty comfy LOL Thanks again...
  10. akhenaten

From what I can find pic wise, it looks like its a huffy sizzler. That paint is someone's home job. Can't wait to get this home and start my process Any info would be appreciated Update: Now that I have it home... Looks like the original paint may have been orange (racing orange?) Anyone...
  11. akhenaten

Just bought this pea green boys stingray looking bike. Looks original to me (?). The metal flake on the seat is smoked. The seat says messinger, and the coaster arm says "favorit" in cursive). Paid $30, frame is solid and entire bike seems straight, clean and in good shape. Any ID this thing...
  12. akhenaten

What music do you listen to as you build?

Not that I consider myself a "builder" just yet, but anytime I'm working on anything in the garage its: Social D, NOFX, Anti-Flag, Reverend Horton Heat, Mistfits, Black Flag, Vandals, Descendents.... Unless Of course I'm in a different mood then it's Jazz, electronica, OLD country etc. I...
  13. akhenaten

"DUCYCLE" The Duct Tape Bike

Re: DUCYCLE update 7/30 teaser pic VERY creative and impressive work. Great ingenuity and imagination too. I'll keep an eye on this thread for sure.
  14. akhenaten

Telephone Pole Flyer-Where can I get one of these?

A little photoshop work and you can reproduce,,,
  15. akhenaten

What is this?

1960′s AMF Roadmaster Sky Rider Deluxe? Link to semi-restored bike: http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle899 Different chain guard but looks like the frame is close to a match. Maybe it's not a deluxe? Wild guess on my part.
  16. akhenaten

Right on Jay. Probably run into some of my old (emphasis on that word) chums from the E-town. Graduated from EHS in 91, so there are still some folks there from my past life.
  17. akhenaten

Hello from OKC

I've gotten the itch to have a bicycle to hit lake Hefner with this year. Being somewhat of a Harley guy, I couldn't have a bike that is "plain", so after googling "apes and cruiser" I landed here. Looks like a great community with helpful folks. I have started with a Kent La Jolla and some...
  18. akhenaten

Feel lucky that I found this! I'd love to come up (Edmond here) and check it out. Good chance to stop and see my Dad too! Looking forward to this event! Thanks!
Back