Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

The Cat's A•• is finished.

As always, it's been fun building a bike in the august company of the RRB Forum. I'm always inspired by your creativity. Here's the build journal: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-cats-a-finished.103673/ Build statisitics: Frame: Early 80’s Miyata 210. CroMo frame/...
  2. J

The Cat's A**

Hey, all. I know I'm late to the party. I put together some parts and have a project for BO12. This will be my first paint project on a bike and the first set of wheels I've laced. Here it is so far: The Cat's A** was a Beatnik or Jazz term for something unquestionably good. I hope I can live...
  3. J

SLIVER finished.UPDATE

Well here it is. It rides nice. I took this picture first in case I wrecked it. Fixed gear 52/20 It’s a ‘74 Raleigh Grand Prix frame made in Worksop, England. The braze-ons were shaved and the brake bridge removed. The frame was stripped using Aircraft stripper and cleaned with a wire wheel...
  4. J

SLIVER

Hey Folks. So, you may remember this pile of parts from BO9. The Forum boss felt I could start over for BO10 with the same pile. I guess being a half-fast mechanic has its advantages. Here are the pictures of the original bike, and the old parts collection. Well, the concept has changed for...
  5. J

Dirty White Boy

Started out with a 74 Raleigh Grand Prix. See the before shots below. So far I just took it apart to see what was going to be usable. It will be a fixie or singlespeed. My goal is to make it fast and rideable but to keep it as rat as possible on a low budget, like early hot rods. I have no...
  6. J

Here's my Raleigh in winter trim.

Here's my daily fix(ie). All dressed up for winter with the big Odyssey Triple Trap pedals, Planet Bike fenders and Kenda Knobbies. I bought it as a closeout in about '98 and soon abandoned it for lighter faster better. I did the FG build from my parts bin. The cranks are Suginos from a Fuji. I...
  7. J

STEAMPUNK–1987 Cannondale ST400

This is my first build post on RRB. I got this frameset on Ebay. It was a nice blue with an LLBean logo on it. Plan A was to build a daily rider from parts I already had. I didn’t know it would evolve as a project. Here’s the original frameset I got on ebay: I had the frame hanging in my...
  8. J

i was lost but now I'm found...

Oh, sorry… no religion allowed. I started riding and building my own bikes when I was a kid. Every kid in my neighborhood did the same thing. It kept us off the school bus. They all started out as trash (the bikes, that is). We all pieced broken bikes together with other trash finds. Some of...
Back