Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

ID and value of these bikes?

What are these bikes and are they worth 2 for $100? http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-bikes-road-2-Chopper-Bikes-for-Sale-W0QQAdIdZ600433645 Jake Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. J

My semi finished Ruff Dean

Still needs paint and some accessories but she's together and rideable. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. J

Crank arm length

Hey guys. I'm building a Ruff Dean and I'm wondering about crank arm length. I'm running Kenda Flame 26x30's and I have my fork arms extend to the max. I took my first test ride last night and I struck the pedals a lot. Even just pedaling in a straight line and swerving left to right was causing...
  4. J

Seat rail?

Hey guys. Got my Dean together tonight and took it for its maiden voyage. Big problem. My legs are to short to make a decent pedal stroke. Got the saddle down as far and forward as it goes. What can I do? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. J

Show me your quality spray bomb job

Looking to paint my new Dean myself. Show me what you have done at home with a spray bomb. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. J

Need help

Hey guys. My first build and my first experience with a nexus wheel. This is on a Ruff Cycles Dean and I'm wondering if I'm missing something between the frame and the wheel. Am I supposed to suck the frame into the wheel or do I need some kind of spacers? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. J

Which hub?

Ok so I'm building up a Ruff Cycles Dean and I want a geared hub. Will a 3 speed suffice or do I need a 7 or 8? I'm guessing this bike will weigh 40-50lbs when built so I want to make sure I have enough gear to pedal this thing around. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. J

How wide?

Hey guys. How wide of a tire could I mount on this wheel set? http://m.ebay.com/itm/181328508089 Jake Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. J

Ground clearance

Hey guys. Wearing the same shoes, which would have more ground clearance a Basman or Ruff Cycles Dean? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. J

What gauge steel tube?

What gauge steel tube do I need to purchase for my build? Jake Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. J

1st build questions

Hi guys. I have an 90s Huffy good vibrations that I am going to attempt to modify. I would like a slacker head tube angle. Does anyone know roughly what the Basman head tube angle is? Jake
  12. J

Help!

Hi guys. I'm new to Rat rod but not new to liking classic bikes. I have recently discovered the Basman and how rare and expensive they are. I have also found out about the Micargi Royal. Neither are accessible for me. Are there any other options as far as styling goes? I'm in Canada so I would...
  13. J

Bike info?

Hey guys. Can anyone tell me if the bike this girl is riding is completely custom or can it be purchased? I see a lot of bikes on the web that look very similar to it but spec'd out differently. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back