Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. T

monarch springer forks

I've noticed that a lot of people have moved the rocker plates to the outside of the forks on those re-pop monarch springer front ends. I had to do the same on my forks so that I could get my S-7 hub to fit. I like how you creative folks out there can find all kinds of ways to make those good...
  2. T

Hawthorne Rat

Very reasonable price for that amount of cool. This site is killer! See Ya Later, T Hall.
  3. T

Huffy Bel Air

Show us some more of your motorcycle next to your Bel Air! NICE! See Ya Later, T Hall.
  4. T

Evans Bike ? Vintage

Don't know anything about the Evans bike but I have an RBC Tandem like yours but perhaps a bit older. The RBC pet barcycle is made in sun city which it says on the headbadge. Mine has Wineman brakes, Shimano Altus LT gearing, Messinger seats, and Wald everything else. Someone correct me if I'm...
  5. T

RRB SUMMER 2008 BIKE PHOTOGRAPHY

Nice old buick.
  6. T

Bicycle clubs in the Monterey area?

Thanks Schwinnspastic, Yep that is exactly the vibe that I get when I start asking about old parts, customizing, or part compatability etc....Lost of weird looks. Where are you in the mountains? I have a brother in the sierras near Bear Valley. And another brother in Crescent city...
  7. T

Bicycle clubs in the Monterey area?

Just wondering if there are any cycling clubs or rides in the central California or Monterey area? It's funny how all of the local bike shops kind of smirk at you when you mention a custom or hot rod style bicycles. They offer no information. I know that there are more of us in this area. Just...
  8. T

Problems with Crossbow's Monarch Springer Forks

Thanks Tornado Dave, I wasn't sure if I should try to spread these forks the old fashoned way, like you did, or not. I have a beautiful painted S7 rim that I want to fit on these monarch springers, I'll try swapping the rocker plates to the outside of the forks and see how much more...
  9. T

trike rear hub

Sorry, by kick back I meant coaster brake. The trike was a junk yard find but the diff and hub assembly were all there. Cool set up, just like a posi in a car. I managed to get an NOS shimano "3CC" hub off of ebay for 8 bucks so I have a back up hub when this one gets tired. Looks like the extra...
  10. T

need some help trying to get fat in the back.

Thanks for the info. I'm on my way to fatdom, just have to find a nice 24" rim to take a 3" tire and I'm in there!
  11. T

Problems with Crossbow's Monarch Springer Forks

Yep same here. The monarch repop springer was too narrow at the dropouts to accept the S7 rim for the front. I'm going to have to swap the rockers to the outside of the forks to get the S7 rim to fit. A whole inch too narrow. And the bearing race problem, I took a piece of sandpaper around a...
  12. T

need some help trying to get fat in the back.

I have a 1955 schwinn black phantom frame. Can anyone tell me what width / diameter / type of rim I'm going to need to get a 3" fat tire on the back. I don't think one of those fat tires will fit on a stock 24" rim. What rim and wheel combos are you guys using to get those fat tires on the rear...
  13. T

trike rear hub

I have an old trike that came with a diff and a three speed coaster hub with the second sprocket tack welded to the spoke flange. The hub is an old shimano "3 CC" 3 speed kick back hub. works great and with the stick shifter on it the cool factor has improved. I'll post some picks soon.
  14. T

How do I replace these wheels?

I have an old trike that I replaced the wheels on. I used the spindle hubs that came with the bike, ( just like in your photo ), and laced them up to the rims that I wanted to use. In my case I used the schwinn stingray 4.25" rims and they laced right up to my old spindle hubs. Easier and...
  15. T

Stubby

Would it be possible to get a 24" rim with a 3" tire on the back of your bike? I have a 55 schwinn Phantom frame and I'm wondering if the 24" rim and the 3" tire would fit. I;m kind of looking for that big and little look and I'm not sure that a tire that fat would fit in there. Killer bike...
  16. T

T Hall from Monterey CA

Hi and thanks for admitting me to your site. Love the photos of the barn finds and the resto jobs that get posted here. Lots of cool ideas and fun things that your members are doing to their rides. Currently I am working on a custom trike that was a junkyard find. nyugenhipsta is gonna love...
Back