Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

What's your "go-to" bike?

This is my favorite all around ride. It’s an early 90’s Marin chromoly frame with a 100mm Rock Shok fork, Answer taper bars, Shimano Deore hubs, brakes and drivetrain, Sun CR-18 rims, Marwi stainless spokes and Odyssey pedals. I built this thing years ago and nothing on it besides the tires...
  2. B

were do you drawl the line? how many bikes are 1 to many?

Define too many 😁 When it comes to “regular” bikes I’ve got a couple of bmx bikes, a couple of mountain bikes, a road bike, a dirt jumper, a hybrid for riding around with my wife, and a gravel bike. And I do ride all of them. Then there’s about a dozen or so rat rod bikes, choppers, freak bikes...
  3. B

Farewell Adam Hooligan Copeland "karfer67" - Shirts, Hats, and Patches

This is a bummer to read Adam has passed, I never met him in person but I talked to him on here a bunch and loved his build style. Sad to say that Mike us1ss also passed away recently, another awesome guy that I was privileged to know and hang out with at bike shows. Rest In Peace guys.
  4. B

Custom Hand Built Cars

Those are both really cool! Anyone remember the Lamborghini Countach that the guy handbuilt in his basement? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmN4KKQPTXs
  5. B

Long forks

These are the longest I've done so far...
  6. B

Yamaha QT 50 "Noped" project

Re: More reliable "motorbike" for this Summer. Why does the QT50 remind me of Number 5, the robot from Short Circuit? :mrgreen: A steampunked out QT would be cool...just sayin'.
  7. B

My wife's new ride- '66 Schwinn

It's a '56 GMC panel. :D
  8. B

huffy stalker needs a makeover

Wheel discs look really cool, but if you're riding any real distance in the wind you'll change your mind in a hurry. You could change up the look by making a tankplate for it like I did on my Huffy. A color change, some whitewalls and you'd have a whole different bike. Maybe lower the front...
  9. B

Yes she is a keeper...30 years now. QuickSand, it's done! Maybe down the road I'll give it a full resto, but for now I overhauled everything, put new rubber on it and it's a rider.
  10. B

Rust Never Sleeps

This was going to be my build off bike from last year, but I ran into some headaches trying to build the forks I wanted so I set it aside rather than do a hack job on them. A while back I was looking at the bare frame in my garage and I figured I would try something I had always wanted to play...
  11. B

This one was easy- take it all apart, clean and regrease everything, throw some new tubes, tires and a chain on it and call it done. I got this for her because it was born the same year she was. I thought she would want me to strip it down and repaint it, but she said "I kinda like the old rusty...
  12. B

Huffy mono-shock painted

Wow, talk about a huge difference! That looks great.
  13. B

Best Girlfriend Ever!!!

Way cool! Hang on to her. :mrgreen:
  14. B

20" directional tread tire

Chips, Maxxis makes a bmx race tire called the DTH. They come in a bunch of different sizes in both wire bead and kevlar folding bead. They look like something off a sportbike, smooth like a slick with grooves cut in them. My kids run them on their race bikes and they look killer. The only...
  15. B

1977 Stroker II

Thanks Steve!
  16. B

Goods BMX Portland Ore. Vintage hangers

Cool. If you remember tell him Pete from Custom Cycle said heal up quick.
  17. B

1977 Stroker II

My latest restoration, a '77 Two Wheelers Stroker II. This is the bike I wanted when I was about 14. At the time I was racing a modified Schwinn Sting Ray and I wanted an orange Stroker soo bad. It took a few years...35 to be exact, but I finally have my orange Stroker. :mrgreen: Parts...
  18. B

Goods BMX Portland Ore. Vintage hangers

Nice collection. Is Shad healed up yet?
  19. B

What's in a name....

Cayenne Cruiser
  20. B

What's in a name....

Cajun Cruizer
Back