Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. DJ Bill

New to me Sears Screamer 5 Speed/Springer fork, 1969 0r 70??

Hey guys, any thoughts on current market value on this bike? I'm moving and have to sell...
  2. DJ Bill

BMX Find...Whatizzit?

Hey guys, loooong time no post. No longer riding daily as life interfered...Anyhow its time to sell this bike as I can't transport it to TX. ..nothings changed, any ideas what to ask? Bike located in Vermont at the moment...not really into shipping.
  3. DJ Bill

MBBO4 Class 2 - DJ's Dilemma.......

We prefer "directionally challenged":rofl:...... And right now I am on a trip from NY to TX and will be picking up my avatar bike so I'll have TWO of 'em. :113:
  4. DJ Bill

MBBO4 Class 2 - DJ's Dilemma.......

Well, the Worksman is done for now,and I am enjoying it most every morning so it is time to proceed. I found out that all my Sturmey Archer hubs are drilled for 40 spokes.....:13: and since I am using a 24 inch back wheel.........I think I'm going with another direction. Unless I can find a 24...
  5. DJ Bill

Roadmaster

Without a picture or two it will be pretty hard to answer most of your questions.. I paid a little less than you did for my Roadmaster, and had to add wheelset, pedals, stem bars, seat, etc. so I'd say you did great...especially with a Brooks.
  6. DJ Bill

Tubing wall thickness

This one I am going to attempt to fillet braze with OxyAcetylene. I used to teach basic welding back in the 80's but I'm a little out of practice with the OA stuff after I got a MIG I stopped doing much OA. Thanks for the help!
  7. DJ Bill

Tubing wall thickness

Can anyone tell me what an appropriate wall thickness would be for a larger diameter tubed frame? (1.5") I've found some prebent tubing that has just the right arc....but I don't know if it is thick enough. Adult ridden bike, Mild Off road use at times, 26 inch tires, apes, banana, etc..
  8. DJ Bill

Quoting Yourself: Stuff you said while building a bike.

I have plenty of time... I'll start soon!
  9. DJ Bill

Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

I'm surprised nobody picked up this $200 Ivers yet.. https://albany.craigslist.org/bik/5271547648.html Prob'ly spent all there money on $800 Stingray Choppers..lol.
  10. DJ Bill

STORMIN' NORMAN VIDEO

Way cool. Lovin' the cars and fashions of the day too.. and Stormin Norman really knows how to fly!!
  11. DJ Bill

Here's one for you BMX fans! https://albany.craigslist.org/bik/5267212484.html Murray bmx early 70's - $125 (Albany) condition: good make / manufacturer: Murray model name / number: bmx serial number: xxxxx more ads by this user safety tips prohibited items product recalls avoiding scams...
  12. DJ Bill

"Pilot" Childs bike with tank and rack??

Anyone recognize this? I'm thinking CWC built but with the missing headbadge I don't know what it was sold as. Roadmaster? Looks like it is a convertible.. and that back tire looks pretty darn good to me. My boss actually picked it up for me at a yard sale. :happy:
  13. DJ Bill

Need some pricing help on a survivor ladies skip tooth bike.

Hmm... I hate to do it.. But you guys may be right. I think I remember that Torrington stamp. I see Bicycle bones has a bunch of Torrington NOS bars listed around $50-$75.. . I wonder if it would be worth finding a cheap men's frame for the parts. I'm sure I'll find one the day after I sell...
  14. DJ Bill

Muscle bike?

Good job on the seatpost. Cheaper than Evaporust too. As far as those fenders, the braces look like Wald replacements with those oval holes in the ends. If they were round holes and had been factory riveted to the fender I'd say Schwinn is a good guess. Which model is the tandem? That...
  15. DJ Bill

Muscle bike?

That's gonna take a long time of soaking in some sort of rust dissolver...Once the rust has left town there should be enough space to allow it to move a bit easier. I'd try to rig up some sort of plug fro the top , turn it upside down and pour it full of evaporust, oxalic acid solution...
  16. DJ Bill

Muscle bike?

Yeah, what's the story on that? The bikes look like they haven't been there very long...and most of what I see is ten speeds and newer cheap bikes but I'm sure there must be more gold stashed in there with the riff raff.
  17. DJ Bill

Need some pricing help on a survivor ladies skip tooth bike.

Hi guys.. It is time to liquidate some bikes, as the tax man is knocking at my door with his hand out.(It stinks to pay taxes for just owning a place! I could rent it for less than I pay in tax..) Anyhow, the first to go is going to be my ladies Firestone Cruiser...(Yes, that is the model name...
  18. DJ Bill

Muscle bike?

Look at the first few posts in the show us your muscle bike thread. There's one there, but not identified. On page 10 there's a factory ad for the AMF Flying Wedge and another post about it.
  19. DJ Bill

Muscle bike?

It's a real bike... Got the rest?
  20. DJ Bill

I was thinkin' the rug rat musta grew up to be an Evil Kneivel type...or he never will ride a bicycle ever again. :crazy:
Back