Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Joe Conde

The Lost Boy is finally DONE!

Finally! I hope you all had much fun in this build off as I did. I also picked up some tips here and there. Now it's time to just sit back, relax and grab some popcorn. Good luck to all the participants! Here's the link to the build...
  2. Joe Conde

The Lost Boy

BO12 baby, oh yeah! So here I am again, with NO clue where my build is going! hahaha! Thus the name "The Lost Boy" (fan of the movie here too). I had so much fun from a past MBBO that I decided to throw my hat in the competition...even if I have ZERO chances! Life's too short not to have a...
  3. Joe Conde

Bike Wars 5 - July 31, 2016

Even if it was raining last Sunday this year's event organized by the Pinas Lowridaz keeps getting better, especially with a new category...custom cruisers! In the previous years, it was almost exclusively lowriders now the event is opening up to other builds and my BC the Baywalk Beach Cruisers...
  4. Joe Conde

Unknown MX

Yesterday I dropped by our neighborhood lowrider bike shop to buy a coaster brake when I saw this 20" beauty sitting outside the shop. The owner told me he just recently acquired it and now uses it as their shop/hauler bike. He outfitted it with a trailer hitch attached to the dropouts. Before I...
  5. Joe Conde

Summer Truss Build

Summertime in the Philippines is the best time for bike builds! Paint jobs will bake nicely under the scorching heat and it's too hot to ride during the day anyway (between 36°C - 40°C). I'm using one of the truss frames I salvaged from a junkyard...
  6. Joe Conde

Hot Rod Stylings

Here's another quick build I did last weekend. I have been having this image of a classic hot rod styled cruiser in my mind for a while and went for it when I got the chance. The frame is an unidentified straight bar with no serial numbers. What I like about it is how the seat stay which also...
  7. Joe Conde

Halloween Night Ride 2015

Just another fun night hanging out with the guys and gals of our bike club. It's been a while since we went on the prowl at night given that the everybody's busy being a dentist, photographer, tattoo artist, graphic designer, etc... We started out at the still under construction site of the The...
  8. Joe Conde

Instant Gratification - The Mini Velo Build

I've always wanted to own a mini velo for ages and when I was suddenly hit with "the itch" I immediately went hunting online. I was on a budget so I really had to look very hard, and after a couple of failed attempts I found a good deal and just jumped on it. As you can see from the before...
  9. Joe Conde

Junkyard Klunker

So here's my latest build and this is the first time I went dumpster diving. I went there four days later after one of my bike club buddies posted on Facebook (Oct 1) a pick spot in one of the districts of Manila. I went there on a Monday morning and it was already raided by several bike...
  10. Joe Conde

Kalawang Klunker

Kalawang (kha-lha-whang, pronounced like Khan) - rust in Filipino After a botched transaction last week from a moto-bike seller I was feeling all bummed out. However karma was on my side this week and scored this baby for $18 ! The young guy who sold it to me was going to go fixie, which is all...
  11. Joe Conde

The Skull Bandit

I had to sacrifice my last klunker build to complete this one. So now I am left with some klunker parts and we already know that they will have to be put into good use in the (near?) future, hehehe. Ok, so this build was inspired by Felt's El Bandito (thus the name) with some of my own touches...
  12. Joe Conde

Guess who's in the latest edition of FHM Philippines? Nope, I wasn't in a bikini ;-)

So, me and my buddies from Baywalk Beach Cruisers bike club got featured in FHM, Philippines' February 2015 issue. The photographer they sent took a bunch of photos and I was one of the lucky ones who got my board track build, Caridad and my ugly mug in the final layout! The article was about...
  13. Joe Conde

It's Klunkin' time...gotta find me some dirt!

I got bit by the bug once more and needed to scratch that itch, and every time I do I get a new bike out of it! hahaha! I have to apologize if I wasn't able to document the process, I was too excited to stop and take photos. But anyway, I started off with a Giant 26" cantilever beach cruiser for...
  14. Joe Conde

Silverio

Ok I'm at it again, but aren't we all? So, I just got myself a 20" chrome canti for around $20 and I always wanted to build a chrome ride, so this is going to be it. I'm just gathering parts at this point, I already got the frame, bars, stem, rear fender and grips. I photochopped an image of...
  15. Joe Conde

1st Makati Bike Exhibit and Trade Show

Here's another late post from October 25-26. Me and some of the Baywalk Beach Cruisers crew dropped by to join the exhibit and represent the club and I even won a frame from a raffle! Fun times! The very environment-friendly bamboo bike! Crazy front and rear drive bike! My...
  16. Joe Conde

Baywalk Beach Cruisers' Halloween Night Ride

Here's a late post of my bike club's Halloween night ride last November 1. It was the second half of the 2-night ride our group had. After going around the city a few times we were invited to hang out with some friends from a neighboring city. Then a couple more calls from our new friends to...
  17. Joe Conde

Baywalk Beach Cruisers Night Ride

Being a new member of the club this is my first time I rode with the boys. We met up at Roxas Boulevard and landed in Adriatico Manila for some Japanese ramen and beers. Here's some photos by our resident photographer Kimpoy Del Prado.
  18. Joe Conde

Neighborhood oddity...or maybe not so odd?

While test riding my entry for the MBBO I saw this wild looking bike, first time I saw something like it. Rear fender running through the frame and some sweet mags! Anybody know what it is? Mmmmmmm, mags :-)
  19. Joe Conde

Caridad

Caridad's my main ride and she has seen a lot of action and I think it's about time to give her a fresh (meaner) look :cool2:. Here's the makeover in pictures. Mods: Fresh Paint, Bear Trap Pedals, Saddle, Steel Tank & Racing Number Plates, Headlight, Stem, Handlebar Racing number...
  20. Joe Conde

(MBBO Class 1) Orange Enigma

Orange Enigma, now finished. -----------------------Back to the build thread:-------------------------- Okay, after much thinking I finally decided to give Dimples a makeover. Nothing too fancy, just gonna get a bigger rear (20" x 3") and smaller front (16" x ?) I haven't picked the front...
Back