Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. mplumb59

Tricky Trike

Been a little while since last update. I took out Tricky for about a six mile ride. Half way out I developed a bearing to bearing squeak. Got home added a washer between the two bearings. Fixed. My second ride out, another six mile run. Half way developed a clicking noise. Went home loosened up...
  2. mplumb59

(Slammed Trike) doing the finishing touches...

Apes are always cool as far as I'm concerned. Whatever is most comfortable for you though.
  3. mplumb59

Let the Trike builders unite...

I've got some decals coming for mine. Put front brakes on and playing with a chain gaurs at the moment. Post some pics soon.
  4. mplumb59

Looking good. You may just beat me in a race. That reflector is blinding me.
  5. mplumb59

Tricky Trike

Got my axle in, wheels on and took it for a ride. Need to do my brakes and I started working on my chain guard. Not sure what else I'm gonna do just playing around with ideas at this point.
  6. mplumb59

I got to test ride mine yesterday. Not bad. Hard to stop without brakes though, next on the list of things to do.
  7. mplumb59

10-4 and not to dispute but ignorance means you don't know or maybe unfamiliar with. Stupidity means you know better but do it anyway. So that means we're all ignorant to certain things. We just don't want to be stupid. I'm really liking the truss rods.
  8. mplumb59

Looks larger than that, sorry for my ignorance but what is the purpose of truss rods on the front end, I understand it helps with support and they're cool looking but is there any other purpose.
  9. mplumb59

What size rod did you use for the truss?
  10. mplumb59

Tricky Trike

26" front 20" rear. Which is stock for the respective sections. I had some 18" wheels I thought about using when I was having the axle/hub length issue but I had already welded and measured my crank distance for 20" so I stuck with them.
  11. mplumb59

Tricky Trike

Thanks. It's coming along pretty good. I'm hoping to be able to ride within the week.
  12. mplumb59

Is it larger than normal?
  13. mplumb59

Whatcha think?
  14. mplumb59

Tricky Trike

Here is the last pics of the street sweeper. My bearings should be in tomorrow and I'll install them on Tuesday along with the tires and cranks. Some touch up paint and then just deal with cosmetics.
  15. mplumb59

Royal purple the degreaser. I'm assuming anyway.
  16. mplumb59

Man you got all kinds of things going on. I painted the white letters on my truck tires with flat black paint. Actually painted the whole side of the tire. Once the tires get some wear on them you can't tell any difference. I accidentally ran over a paint can once and had blue spray all over my...
  17. mplumb59

Tricky Trike

Not sure what you mean by inboard length, but as of now all my measurements are looking perfect. I need to get my bearings which I was waiting on till I got my axle situated. Once the bearings are in I can mock up everything, then get it tacked and fabbed up. :rockout:
  18. mplumb59

Tricky Trike

Ok, Thanks so much for yall's input. After searching today for a 15mm coupler nut and a 15mm bolt which I do not think they make, and then some concern about the coupler nut coming unscrewed when the bike is being pedaled, I decided to try something else. In the previous post I showed a pic of...
  19. mplumb59

Tricky Trike

Do yall think this flange is welded to the shaft? It looks like one big spot weld to me.
  20. mplumb59

Tricky Trike

There is a bearing that needs to go in the hub, I didn't think about a coupler nut, I think it may be too long and interfere with the bearing but great idea. I'll look and see if I can find one in that thread type and see if I can make that work. If not I may cut and weld the shaft to make it...
Back