Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

Kim_dude, it operates like a normal bicycle. It goes one direction and steers on one side. Funkme, the third stooge is behind the camera.
  2. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

Posting to youtube was the best I could do. But here's proof it's rideable.
  3. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

I'm working on uploading a video right now, I'll post that as soon as I figure it out.
  4. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

Don't have a picture but during the few test rides I've taken, the bike rode great on and off road. I got the chain working properly (and not fall off). The fork was the weak link this time... that's what test rides are for... so I've worked the last few days to make them stronger. Handlebars...
  5. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

I've gotten a lot done in the last week or so and haven't posted any of it. So here it goes... I built two adjustable seat brackets. There's wing nuts on the bottom to loosen the seat and slide forward or back. I took the gear off an old derailleur and made a bushing in the lathe so it spins...
  6. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

I got the frame done, but it's still on the jig. It's time for all the small pieces now. The chain tensioner is coming together nicely, it's almost time to tach it to the frame and get the chain in place.
  7. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

Another night, another step in the right direction. Almost looks like a bike this time!
  8. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

Belt would be a good idea. I got the forks, cranks, and seats where I want them tonight. It's just a game of connect the dots the next couple days. Spent a lot of time tonight looking at tape measures, plumb bobs, levels, squares, and straight edges. Glad the hard part is finished!
  9. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

This thing is going to be a monster!
  10. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

Got a little bit of finish fab left on this fork then I get to do it all again on the rear fork.
  11. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

The legs are 3/4 in back and 1/2 in front. And 5 1/4 apart
  12. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

Tubing is .049 wall and sides are .070 steel
  13. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

Didn't get the forks done like I had hoped, but progress was made. I thought it might be worth while to build a jig... I have a feeling I'll be building more forks in the future.
  14. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

Tater, if you look at my first drawing you'll see the chain on the rear (left side) is going over the sprocket instead of around so pedals go opposite directions. Uncle Fide, I have a neighbor that owns a laser cutting shop. I drew up a template and took it over to him.
  15. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

It's stationary, it only looks like it steers.
  16. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

Hoping to have both forks done by the end of the weekend. I'm off to a good start so far...
  17. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

18. Inline Six

New to Rat Rod Bikes

I've never been much of a forum guy so this will all be new to me. But I've been building custom bicycles for a few years now with my brother. We mostly stick to low rider/beach cruiser type bikes but have ventured into some truly crazy builds. Build Off 9 will be our first competition and I'm...
  19. Inline Six

Two Way Tandem

My brother and I are planning to build a tandem bicycle where the riders sit back to back. The rider in the back will be facing backwards but pedaling as if they are going forward. We've got a design drawn up and a set of 4" wide wheels to start off with. If anyone could tell me how to post...
Back