Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

My first bike restoration

If you pay shipping, you can have it.
  2. R

Yeah, the color scheme doesn't seem to be anyone's cup of tea but my own. Oh well, maybe they'll come around after some pinstriping. :P
  3. R

Thanks for the comments! I wanted to put the rack back on but it somehow ended up in the dumpster. :( If I ever get around to it, I plan on making a new one. I still have the tank though I don't really like the look of it. I intend to pinstripe the fender, chainguard and center panel (haven't...
  4. R

Well, after alot of work and long hiatus, my first resto is ready to ride! There are a few more details I'd like take care of but for the most part I'm happy with it. I made a fill plate/center piece for the frame but haven't mounted it yet and have another set of pedals but can't get the old...
  5. R

How to remove chain links?

The chain is brand new, and has a master link. What's the methond with vice grips? Clamp it and rip?
  6. R

How to remove chain links?

I know its a newbie question but, how do I remove links in a bike chain? I know I need a chain tool to be 'proper' but I wondering if anyone knew another method without buying the tool. I don't really want to spend 10-15 on something I'll use once. Thanks!
  7. R

New guy here - what bike do I have?

That's it! That's definitely the bike I have. The chain guard said 'Thunderbird' on it but I couldn't find who made it. Thanks! PS. I stripped/refinished the bike last week but it needs just a few finishing touches before I post the pics.
  8. R

Super Tanker Photos

Leave it as is, it looks awesome.
  9. R

I'd love to do that but I'm not down with having 'rust dust' all over me after I ride it.
  10. R

Thats one of the ideas I've been kicking around, including a bare metal cc'd frame.
  11. R

The drumset is for sale, ya know. :wink: That tank looks does look similar.
  12. R

Thanks, guys, for the quick responses and comments! Also, any recommendations for cleaning up the plastic on the light surround at the front of the 'tank'?
  13. R

Hey guys, stumbled across this forum while looking for more info on my bike project and its the perfect place to ask my question(s): First, I was given this bike by my grandfather awhile ago and have the plans on making it a rat bike. Not that it really matters to me but I would like to know...
Back