Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. El C

Warsaw, Poland, anyone?

I´ve noticed that the kustom bike culture is blooming in Poland and I´m thinking that I may have my holiday in Warsaw. Do we have any Polish members here, who could give me some ideas when and where to go to see cool bikes and meet some fellow bikers?
  2. El C

Adding rake with triple tree angle, how does it affect?

How does it differ from normal added rake? The steering pivot kinda stays the same, yet it alters the trail... Any experience on that?
  3. El C

Headline says it, how do I fix that (preferably without cutting the frame)? Steering is pretty awful at low cruising speeds and that is the speed that would be sweet spot. Fixed.
  4. El C

Calculating rake and the importance of it?

How much do you calculate or give thought to it? What is the best trail in your opinion for a low cruising bike?
  5. El C

Old Hoe

My latest build is coming together nicely, just a few little things to do before I can go for a maiden ride. Name comes from the saddle that is, well, an old hoe.
  6. El C

keeping the frame straight while modifying???

I have no jig so that´s a fail #1 but how do you keep it straight without? Eyeballing? Front is pretty decent but the rear wheel will not center, what ever I try. It´s always offline after welding... That scooter body does NOT make it easier...
  7. El C

Ratification.

Not quite ready yet but you get the idea. It was supposed to be ready by the time Finland got ratified by all NATO members (hence the name), but did not quite make the dead line. But soon... PS. The scooter body was like that when I got it. My idea was to to keep it as it was and try to mimic...
  8. El C

16" rear wheel and tyre, preferably pretty wides.

Suggestions on such combo?
  9. El C

Trike?

I have a few parts that could be used to make a trike (1 front / 2 rear tyres) but I´ve never ridden one of those. How is it? Rideability I mean. It doesn´t act like a normal bike so how is it? Good? Stupid? Bad?
  10. El C

Raleigh bicycles ever made in USA?

Raleigh is basically a british company but did they ever make Raleigh bikes in the US? I have one Raleigh Retroglide Single. It may be what ever (China, Taiwan etc). Headbadge says "Raleigh America bicycles".
  11. El C

Mi Burrito Loco

Finally I got it started. Let's see how it turns out. Actually it´s not (at least I think it´s not) really a burrito bike, but there are some hints to that direction...
  12. El C

Ice Hockey World Championship 2022

You guys interested in ICE HOCKEY? I happen to live in the city here in Finland where most of the games are played and it started fantastic! We won against Norway 5-0. I know, I know, Norway is not the biggest ice hockey country in the world but they do have a lot of good players. Also, so...
  13. El C

Need an idea for front fork mod

I have this low kustom bike pretty much ready (rode it last summer) but I need to make a little mod for the front fork to make it ride better. I want to use the fork I have on it (just a basic and simple fork from the 50´s and 60´s) but the rake and trail is off. Any pics of modified forks to...
  14. El C

Today, april 4th 2022

Hi. Just wanted to show you how the weather is here today. Took this pic a minute ago. May take a while before I get my bike out. More than 10 inch new snow during the Day and no end in sight.
  15. El C

Undertaker

Ok, time for another new project / build. Again name may change during the making but this is what I start with.
  16. El C

reverse brake levers (preferably vintage)

Looking for 1 or 2.
  17. El C

E.T.?

Found this and had to buy it. No idea what it was originally but it would make cool intrument panel, lamp or something.
  18. El C

Faux patina?

I know and I'm all for it, no faux patina. But some times one needs to fix something and that fix needs to be "fixed" 🤔, you know. I've used several paints and paint combinations but still looking for a better but also quick method. I can make rust but it takes some time and I need it now 🤪.
  19. El C

Let´s have some Burritos!!

I´m about to make one and I have pretty much everything I need to do it. Now let´s see what you have or what you have seen.
  20. El C

Scar - can I join the BO with it?

Am I allowed to join the BO with this bike? The reason I ask is that I started that frame 2019 but never got it done. Last month I digged it up from the pile and decided to make a bike from it. So, can I join?
Back