Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. metalchewy

ORBO Let's Go Ride Bikes

This first Schwinn my parents got me. The bike and I went through a lot together. The few dings on it and lack of decals all have a story. Being hard on things, my 83 Predator saw a lot of hard riding, things broke that could, the Front reflector was broke off within a month. The clear...
  2. metalchewy

ORBO Shadow

Looking to put this 2005 Mongoose Hoop D back on the road. Front wheel had a bit of a drag to it when it happened into the corral. Looks like it's been shot once with a BB gun Now it will move into the shop and then the stable, trying to figure out what to do with it. First up, try to tear...
  3. metalchewy

ORBO 9000 Foot Typhoon

I have this old 67 Typhoon that was on MBBO 3 or 4, that I going to be changing over to be an Off road monster. It's a solid frame, lots of patina and makes a perfect candidate for a ratty old off road bomber.
  4. metalchewy

Scrambled Eggs

Build thread: https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/scrambled-eggs-finished.118937/ I started this build taking an old build that had been given back to me by my sister-in-law who I gave it to. The lowrider built, custom Bratz bike had been baking in the las vegas sun, paint cracked, tires rotted...
  5. metalchewy

Scrambled Eggs - Finished

I've had difficulty giving this one away. When I get full on bikes a lot of times I give them to people around me that I care about who would like to ride them. Long stories short, right after i finished it, I gave it to my god-daughter... she rode it a few times ... It came back. I gave it...
  6. metalchewy

Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash Challenge 2023

Plagiarizing from @OddJob challenge thread for another round... Rules: Welcome to the Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash 2023 ! Previous years looked so much fun with the innaugural version of this Build Challenge, that was followed up with Version II! This year will be Version 2023. I'm so stoked...
  7. metalchewy

Brazen

The frame.for brazen was given.to me by my friend Juan from.atistic a few.weeks before the buildoff started. This old 46 shelby frame had been electroplated on the corners. I added some old components and some new and did a lot of work bringing all of the details together The wheels are...
  8. metalchewy

BBQ and smoking season.

I don't know how many times I've been grillin ribs aor smoking brisket while working on a buildiff bike. These just for the wife and I this evening. Post up your eats and as Jake would say "GET TO BUILDIN' " Cheers.
  9. metalchewy

Stray Kat's Ride

What kind of brazen insanity cam come from this tomfoolery?? A few weeks ago I was sitting downtown with my DcBR Bomber for one of the rides during Vegas Bike Week. One of my friends, that rides the big tall bike for the Wednesday rides, takes a look at it and says, Hey, You could make a swing...
  10. metalchewy

Brazen 🔥 (Finished)

This old Shelby frame was.given to me a little over a week ago. It looks like one of the previous owners dipped the 4 corners In Brass electroplating. 7 speed nexus. 57mm wheels. Waiting for spokes. Still working on a bars and a whole lot of details. More to come.
  11. metalchewy

Help ID this bike. Looks like a shelby, weird serial

So all the shelbys I see over in the Cabes set all have the letter at the front of the serial. My friend gave me frame yesterday. Said it was a 32 or 33 Shelby. Looks like a Shelby. G code is around 33. Just doesn't match the pattern. Almost looks like the G was cut off on the left side...
  12. metalchewy

Delta Light update to LED

As we build up old patinas and sometimes rusty bikes, sometimes those holes in the fenders need an original style fender light. Fender lights on ebay are usually out of my price range if they work. With current prices, you can pick up a cheap non working one for 30-50 bucks. Rusted inners or...
  13. metalchewy

WANTED MBBO. A No. 10 or a 375 reflector.

Wanted. A No. 10 Fender reflector!!!!!! A 375 would do. This broke off with very little torque applied. I don't care about the condition of the lense. It's all about the stud being there.
  14. metalchewy

Ratty FSC ( 47 Firestone )

Every time I walk out back, I think o should be building something. Temp is in the 40s at bight and 60s or 70s in the day. Work has me pretty occupied through most daylight hours these days so I haven't had much of a chance to start following along on other builds. Will catch up eventually...
  15. metalchewy

That Blue Bike

Finished up that blue bile this afternoon. Was able to get out around sundown for some finish pics. 26", 7 speed Univega frame with a 20" Mag up front. Old white walled Shoes, and a lot of clear blue paint over top of metallics. Slingshot neck holding extended baby apes. Custom trimmed...
  16. metalchewy

The Off-Roadster

Posting for your consideration, is my 37 Off-Roadster Build Thread: https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/off-roadster-orbo.114843/ This is my entry for the 2022 Class 2 Winter Build. ORBO. This Bike has a over 100 miles on and off road since it was completed. It is my new goto, wanna ride...
  17. metalchewy

(MBBO) That Blue Bike

One of my good friends gave me this old univega frame for christmas. He had started on it, put some paint on it and moved to another project. My first thought was to make another Off road build. Then thought it would be better suited for the muscle bike build off. Pulled some parts out of...
  18. metalchewy

Off-Roadster (ORBO)

FOR my ORBO entry I will be building up a double-lbar roadster frame into an off road bomber. I've been riding an old SpecializedTB since then but have wanted another bomber to run the wash or tale a trail. I had a CWC roadster bomber breaker on me a couple years back, and have wanted a...
  19. metalchewy

Inspiration for your MBBO/ORBO Build

For my ORBO build, I'm getting a lot of inspiration from builds I've done in the past. I gave this first bike here to my best friend of 40 years for his birthday a couple years ago. It was one of my favorite off road bikes. So fast. Rode so smooth. Hoping this year's bike will match how...
  20. metalchewy

Pedal Draggers. Like'em, Hate'em, could care less...

Most of the large rides I've been on here in Vegas in the bike life community, we see all types of rides. From i custom cruisers, bombers, rat rods, show queens, muscle bikes, stretches, true low riders, choppers, BMX wheelie riders, roadies, MTBers, tall bikes, swing bikes, eBikes and pedal...
Back