Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. necessaryevil

Rollfast Musclebike Finished

Picked up this little Rollfast and started cleaning it up. No before pic, I had the bars/seat/tires/and sissy bar laying around, so not too much left to finish it up. This will be going to my 13 year old nephew for x-mas, I think he'll be stoked. I'm looking for a decent old slick or studded...
  2. necessaryevil

Rad 25th anniversary festival

Just found out about this, man I'd love to go http://www.25rad.com/ I sure hope someone video documents the whole weekend.
  3. necessaryevil

Folding Muscle

This old 20" Amica folding bike has been sitting in a corner forever. I was doing some cleaning yesterday and happened to pull it out and look at it. Well then a spark went off, why not make a stingray looking folding bike? As it sat. Slapped on an old schwinn rear slick, axle mount sissy bar...
  4. necessaryevil

X-53 scavenger hunt

This tired old X-53 found me last week. Super grungy and missing parts, good luck finding them right? Plans are to find what parts I can, and improvise on the rest. As I found it. So far all I've done is pull the old Dayton tags from the rear wheel, and switch out the Goodyears for a set of...
  5. necessaryevil

X-53

It's been a long time since I've found a cool bike, this one kinda found me today at work. Of course no camera with me. Missing the tank, headlight, and rear reflector, but otherwise all there. Both tires are Goodyear double eagle, in pretty good shape. I'll post an update with pics later tonight.
  6. necessaryevil

No name, no budget, no worries

Decided to join in on the build off. Not gunning for the podium, just here to have some fun. I've got this old Collegiate Sport that needs some love. No clue what I'm gonna due yet, definitely get rid of all the cable tabs. I don't have a headbadge for it, so I made my own for now. Is it a...
  7. necessaryevil

Red Zeppelin

Here's what I started with: Here's the build thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=34309 Here's the finished bike (sans rear slick):
  8. necessaryevil

What will this sticker bring on the bay?

Alright, let's have fun and guess what this will bring. Uber-rare DK General Lee sticker that I scored from an old employee back around '95 (There was almost a law suit over this image). I've never seen another one of these in loose sticker form, managed to hold onto it until now. It's cool...
  9. necessaryevil

Another Gender Reassignment FINISHED

Work is going to get really slow after x-mas, so I figure why not start on a fun little project. This Murray Sabre Flite just sits around and never gets ridden, time to change this girl into a boy :) . As of right now I'm not sure if I'll just leave everything original paint and try to make the...
  10. necessaryevil

MILK'EM

My favorite pic of one of my favorite builds, the old Milk Krate.
  11. necessaryevil

Jalopy-Cross Bike-Thingamajig

Had this old Varsity laying around, along with a bunch of random parts, so why not build a single speed jalopy :) . Cheapo 700 wheels with cross tires, single rear cog on the cassette, switched out the rear skewer axle to a bmx bolt on axle. Old Dia Comp center pull brakes rigged up to work...
  12. necessaryevil

Fall Rat Ride (October-ish)

Trying to get a fall ride organized. Npence suggested the river scape in Dayton, Ohio. Would like to do it mid to late October, nothing set in stone yet. If anyone has any suggestions please chime in. 8)
  13. necessaryevil

This is what happens when you're slow at the bike shop

You take a $2K carbon frame/fork and build a freak bike. :lol: Now to toss on a deraileur and have some real fun.
  14. necessaryevil

Drag/Tiki theme stingray

A buddy of mine gave me this stingray frame (that he butchered as a kid) and I've never known what to do with it. Yesterday I was given a cool tiki coconut cup holder and inspiration struck, tiki themed stingray :D . The headtube has been laid way down, and I had an altered 26" fork from a...
  15. necessaryevil

New shop decoration

My boss just scored this Western Flyer. Should make for a cool front window decoration :P
  16. necessaryevil

1981 Murray X24 FINISHED

Scored this a few weeks back, just now getting around to cleaning it up. 1981 Murray X24 24" bmx, looks to be completely original, only missing the chainguard. Bought it from the original owner, he said he always made sure to use the coaster brake, and not the caliper, to keep the anodized rim...
  17. necessaryevil

1920's Mead Ranger and an unknown

A guy called up the shop today and said "I've got some old bikes I found in a barn, any interest in buying them?" "Bring them up so I can look at them" was my reply. So he stopped up with these two bikes in his truck, he was going to drop them off at the scrap yard until he talked to us :shock...
  18. necessaryevil

1981 Murray X24

Really stoked about this score. Guy brought this in to the shop and left without it. 1981 Team Murray X24 cruiser, looks to be all original, grips are shot, carlisle gumwall knobbies are in bad shape . Looks like this will be my next detailing project, I think it'll clean up pretty nice. Gonna...
  19. necessaryevil

New purchase-D440 29'er

Figured I better get a pic of it now, it's never gonna look this nice again. Got a killer deal on a leftover Redline D440 so I couldn't pass it up. Wasn't a fan of the stock v-brakes or tires, so I put a mechanical disc on the rear, and went with some more aggressive CST tires. Still want to...
  20. necessaryevil

Hot Lava

I've had a bunch of old parts laying around, so I decided to throw it all together and build a fugly little bike for the local track. Old Schwinn pro stock frame, big bulky DK forks in bare metal, gold alex rims/hubs, primered DK cranks, old Shimano DX red v-brakes, rusty slam bars, big heavy...
Back