Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. H

custom cruiser

here's a video I made of the build along w/ sacramento cyclefest 2017
  2. H

custom cruiser

3. H

custom cruiser

this was fun building and a blast to ride!
  4. H

Slow Moe/Build off 10

got the fender cut down to final size. Using the axle and rim to get a good final cut line was crucial. I decided to tip the edge to add some flavor. hopefully I can have the frame re primed and the fender primed by this weekend. Getting so close to paint!
  5. H

Slow Moe/Build off 10

thanks guys. A lot more progress on the bike. The head light, which was a pain in the butt is all done. The switch is on the bottom. this threaded rod makes bolting on the bezel a snap. pretty happy with how this head light turned out. the final tube to the BB was finally welded in. I...
  6. H

Slow Moe/Build off 10

lots of progress since my last post. I wish I had more time to work back in the garage otherwise this would be a month's worth of work. The frame jig welding up the frame had to hand work the points on each one. They turned out good. I plug welded the sides to this bracket...
  7. H

Slow Moe/Build off 10

more pics. This will be done...at some point. tacked in 4 corners tig welded. They came out decent! today I start on a simple jig so I can get the chain/seat stay started. Then it's finalizing/cleaning up the sheet metal designs
  8. H

Slow Moe/Build off 10

got some progress done to the sheet metal design while waiting for the donor bike. I doubt I will get this done in time being I have to make a frame jig as well as it being my first frame build, but it will get done...eventually! one tube notched and ready to go and some sheet metal fab. The...
  9. H

Slow Moe/Build off 10

it started from this. rolling to the oldies. can't do much cutting and notching til I get the forks and head tube. I can go ahead and start on the sheet metal fabrication. Rough templates. Thinking about adding a little running board along the bottom tube. I can try it in cardboard and...
  10. H

anyone have a ruff cycles tango frame? Need some basic measurements.

thanks a lot. The measurements are merely to feel confident I'm sizing it right. I have no clue. :crazy:
  11. H

Powder Coating Opinion

the powder coating process won't hide big pitting. You'd have to get an aluminum filler to fill the pits. All metal isn't a good one. The UPol version works well but pricey. I'm thinking leading would work as well. Talk to your powder coater about that.
  12. H

what kind of tube to weld frames?

something like this. It's listed as Cruiser Bike Chopper Triple tree. Looks like I can have fat 4" tires with these and the head tube can be any size in length due to the clamps changing the steering tube length? Anywho, the down tube, seat tube, and top tube will be 1.25" so I'm hoping the...
  13. H

I wasn't aware of how different head tubes are. I just recall my occ schwinn had a head set and a lip inside of the head tube in which I think the head set rested on. I could be wrong. I can see how it's probably smart to get your fork tube first for the length. So is the thread less head tube...
  14. H

anyone have a ruff cycles tango frame? Need some basic measurements.

would like measurements of the top tube, down tube, chain stay, seat stay, seat posts. This way it would give me an idea or template to work off of. I'm kind of hesitant to jump on a frame build without getting an idea of an "average" size bike to use for reference. I'd like to make it very much...
  15. H

thanks guys. I want the head tubes that would allow head sets and those beefy forks. Will look into the taps. Maybe for this next build I can just get another Occ Schwinn to snag the head tube and BB and make a bigger chopper frame and use the rims/tires/forks and try to work in the chain/seat...
  16. H

I gotta ask, why not make your own BB and head tubes? Is the tap expensive? Is the little step in the head tube hard to make right?
  17. H

looks like I'm crawling around fine. Thanks for the advice, Luke. Don't want to overwhelm myself just yet. Here's some practice TIG welds for my first frame build. tube roller is ready and waiting. Now I just need to school myself with more practice welds and dimensions and dos and donts...
  18. H

WINTER BUILD-OFF 2015 VOTING THREAD.

awesome bikes. Really loving that Indian Board Track. Simply stunning. Great bikes. All of you. Be proud of yourselves!
  19. H

HDO Killer Kruiser

beautiful bike! I really want to build a bike like that style. They look so great. Great build and nice pin striping and overall design. All it really needs now is a few SF Giants logos. :)
Back