Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. kowalski385

Taxi driver

Well, it's time for an update; maybe it's not the greatest idea to move to another house during the build off, but I'll know better next time. :) I torn the bike to bits, because I wanted to do some restomod, and I sent the frame to sandblasting. All that happened more than a month ago, but as...
  2. kowalski385

Taxi driver

Thanks for welcome! I'll have to do a restomod; frame has few cracks that I'll have to repair and maybe make some structural reinforcements, so I'll sandblast it to see how far has it gone. Nothing too radical, but I'll try to make everybody see where I got the inspiration for this bike.
  3. kowalski385

Taxi driver

Hello from Croatia! Debutant on RRBO 10, entered RRBO 11 and than...silence; plenty builds and restorations but didn't post any of them on forum. Few days ago I remembered that I wasn't online for a long time (few years, ashamed to say), so I went for a check-up; when I saw there's a build off...
  4. kowalski385

Nexus & thumbshifter compatability

Sorry to bump the thread, but what model of revo shifter did you use (the one for Nexus)? After reading this thread, I'm not sure can a ST-7s20 be replaced with SL-7s30.
  5. kowalski385

International roll call

Yeah the map was a great thing last year, and although I did feel lonely on my side of the world At the same time I also was a bit proud because I was a stranger in a strange land and I was doing ok. To cut it short; Croatia, Europe.
  6. kowalski385

VOTE HERE!!!! - FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

You would be suprised to see how democracy works in my country; and believe me, I'm an lawyer and I know a thing or two about that. We've all seen Borat... ;)
  7. kowalski385

Obviously you can't point this out too much, so I'm gonna quote it. By me, the voting system is really fair and I think the only drawback is lot of people (including me) who were reading the rules missing the fact that you can vote only once. But, when you think of it, it's fair, because...
  8. kowalski385

Voted for 5 bikes..and forgot to vote for myself!! :D Don't know how you guys decide on who will get your vote, but for me it's a combination of factors: 1. do I like the bike that much that I wish to own it? 2. did the builder show some fabrication skills or did he use plug n' play solutions...
  9. kowalski385

Oberleutnant

Here are some night pics from the street art exhibition
  10. kowalski385

ELGIN Decoluxe

For a moment I actually believed I was reading a true story. Wow.:41:
  11. kowalski385

Bourbon & Blue (1957 Schwinn Phantom Board Track Resto-Mod) - voting booth photo at top -

This colour is my holy grail; it's been 4 (four!) times that I acquired a frame/bike meant to be painted in baby blue and then in the last minute something changed (even the Oberleutnant was bought as a baby blue project and look how that ended). But one day...one day I'll get to it; and then I...
  12. kowalski385

Oberleutnant

Going through other BO bikes, I see that I forgot to mention that on Ober only the tires and the brake levers are bought new; everything else is either made from scratch or found/bought at flea markets around the country and then customised to fit the new purpose. Even the bike it was made from...
  13. kowalski385

Oberleutnant

Thanks a lot; I was going for that vintage look and I believe I got it; main inspiration was the original (I think BMW motorcycle lamp), and the story wraps around that light. But whats most important, like in other builds, I really learned a lot doing this one; and all those things can/will be...
  14. kowalski385

Oberleutnant

You can find the build here. My voting photo: Sorry for no fountain pic, but I believe this will do. I would just want to ephasize that my pictures aren't filtered, photoshoped or edited in any way; what came out of my amateur camera that you can see here. Here are some others, to get a...
  15. kowalski385

Oberleutnant - the fall of the Third Reich [FINISHED]

Pinstriping gave me so much trouble that I completly forgot to sleep or eat for 24 straight hours, but I did it. As I said on the beginning, friend called me to be part of a street art exhibition on July 9th. On the night of July 8th, bike wasn't yet finished, so I burned the midnight oil. In...
  16. kowalski385

And it has been painted. I can say I'm pretty happy with the paint job, considering it's my own work and I'm a total amateur on that matter; even my painting equipment is on DIY entry level; I hope I will get better with time, but for now I think it's rather ok (far from good, to be...
  17. kowalski385

Found a few more items to put on the final bike: gun holster and a old gas mask box (mid war era). In that phase I was lookin for the right spot for the box, but finally it found her place under the seat (otherwise it would get in the way while pedalling). Everything was set in place, so...
  18. kowalski385

The 12 Year Project- Bare Bones, Bare Metal & Barely In the Finished Thread!

I recently tackled a Maxxis Miracle tire with wet sanding paper, to get rid of the blue logo that was pretty well incorporated with the tire. Fortunately, it vas a small rectangle, so it came off rather fast and pretty painless for the tire. But, be carefull, you don't want to sand of too much.
  19. kowalski385

Lean and mean looks great, but it's pretty unrideable that way, at least for me. So the final position is somewhere in between. But hey...I can always change the angle with just one hex key. ;)
  20. kowalski385

After bars selecting session was over, it was time to try the bike position; took the tank down because it needs more sanding down and made a few laps around my yard just to se how it goes. The frame itself is maybe a little small for me (I'm little over 6 feet with 180 pounds), and the seat is...
Back