Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. The Phantom

Chopped Velor Chopper

This bike is just oozing coolness and charisma, you have a great eye!
  2. The Phantom

**FINISHED** The Begining of my 26" BMX Santa Barbara Cruiser Build!

yep, the new saddle gives it a cleaner look, it really suits the bike
  3. The Phantom

WCC Meets Military Surplus

haha, great minds think alike:41:
  4. The Phantom

WCC Meets Military Surplus

What a transformation, i love it, I don't know how much storage space you need, but you could turn that ammo can into a sound system
  5. The Phantom

Auction score

I can see why an air force guy would like this, it's so......aerodynamic! beauty!
  6. The Phantom

Beach Cruiser to Board Track Racer

is that a rattle-can paint job? looks fantastic!
  7. The Phantom

Milk Lady

Sorry to hear that, but not all cities are like NY - here in Taiwan city bikes are everywhere, you can watch this hilariously cheesy advertisement to see how the system works :rofl:
  8. The Phantom

Milk Lady

found in Taiwan, so was most likely made here too. Maybe they were exported to Europe?
  9. The Phantom

Milk Lady

the head badge is just a sticker with the letter 'i' (don't have photo ready)but it has a decal on the bottom tube you know, that world-famous brand ?:eek: anyway, it looks a lot better now I've removed the basket,front fender, lowered the bars and given it a wash. I just put some air in the...
  10. The Phantom

Milk Lady

yep, that's right, only works going forwards
  11. The Phantom

Milk Lady

Found this thing rusting in an alley and it looked so unusual I thought it'd be a good contender for my first build. I knocked on a few doors and asked around the neighborhood and everyone said the same thing, - it's been there for years, just take it! So I did! I like the way the twin bars...
  12. The Phantom

A little garage tour in the 'hood today. Toronto

wow, wow, amazing bikes and cars, and that shop! It must be nice having all those like-minded people around - thanks for sharing your 'hood.
  13. The Phantom

Hello from Taiwan!

yep, Hash house is still going I think, I hear about them from time to time but I'm not much of a runner (or a drinker) there are a few Harley guys around, you can see them in loud convoys on weekends and holidays - a mix of locals and Westerners but most motorbikes are the plastic twist n' go...
  14. The Phantom

Hello from Taiwan!

Cool, so you know about Taiwan then, I live in Kaohsiung and don't get up to Taipei much, I've only got into the bicycle hobby since I found this forum a few months ago so I've got a lot to discover. When I first visited Taiwan about 20 years ago (wow, that makes me feel old!) it was more like...
  15. The Phantom

Hello from Taiwan!

thanks, Taiwan's alright, it's got good and bad points like everywhere I guess, but I mainly like the subtropical climate, friendly people and very low crime rate (no.2 in world after Iceland apparently), there are no 'bad' parts of town. Downsides are the polluted, noisy cities, plus I can't...
  16. The Phantom

Deer antler bars

2,350 Taiwan dollars, which is US$ 74 today the warehouse is near my home, I'll be paying them a visit soon to see their other stuff - if you need more pics or info....
  17. The Phantom

Deer antler bars

anyone seen these before?? just stumbled upon them on a Taiwanese website, did a forum search and didn't find them anywhere here, look pretty dangerous to me though, if you look closely on this big pic you can see they even have the right texture http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21502234683871
  18. The Phantom

Hello from Taiwan!

yep, that's sound advice, doing some research right now and finding some interesting things, although all the factories seem to be in a city 3-4 hours away, there are some warehouses nearby, possibly with cruisers inside them....
  19. The Phantom

Hello from Taiwan!

thanks all for the warm welcome and encouragement - I'll be working on pretty much zero budget (I got 2 expensive kids) so Pedals and Rat Rod, your advice will be taken, cheers
  20. The Phantom

Hello from Taiwan!

Hi good people, I'm a Brit living in Taiwan, I love this site and want to say thank you to the founder and to all the contributors for showing me a world of bikes I didn't know existed. I envy you guys living in N. America and your easy access to everything, I've gotta see what I can rustle up...
Back