Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. theruns

Bikes on bridges

Thanks I thought it was rad that it worked too! I had some dope purple anodized jockey wheels from an old bike that I threw on it just for retro-points. So here’s some up close pictures of the tires as well as wheel dimensions: Here’s a shot of the derailleur clearing the rear cog: And...
  2. theruns

Bikes on bridges

They are seriously awesome. I’d been riding on Panaracer Pasela 1.75s and they weren’t bad but I wanted something more versatile and plush. I have this bike set up super ghetto. It’s 1x10 with a 11-42 cassette and a 38 tooth chainring in the front. The derailleur is stock (yes. Stock!) with a...
  3. theruns

Bikes on bridges

1995 actually. I don’t have any on my phone but I’ll take some tonight when I get home. They are very high volume for a 2.1 and they roll awesome. They seem to be as big as a Schwalbe fat frank if my memory serves me right. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. theruns

Bikes on bridges

New tires on the bike. 26x2.1 Panaracer Gravel Kings. Such awesome tires. Supple and grip for days.
  5. theruns

Bikes on bridges

1995 Trek 850
  6. theruns

Surly Bicycles

Thats a nice Steamroller build! Here's a pic of my Pugsley on a wintry commute.
  7. theruns

Surly Bicycles

Here's my Pugsley!
  8. theruns

VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES

I can finally contribute to this awesomeness. I present to you a 1989 Fisher Advance! This was my dad's daily driver back in the day when he bought it brand new in 1989. He gave it to me to use as a commuter bike because he hadn't ridden it in probably ten years. When he gave it to me it was...
  9. theruns

You have got to be kidding.. Seriously??

Holy cow plastic?! Are they plastic 3 piece cranks or one piece? If they are 3 piece they were probably going for the "look we have 3 piece cranks at a really low price!" Either way I feel like that's a lawsuit waiting to happen if somebody snaps one and bites the handlebars while taking it off...
  10. theruns

Who would you vote for if...

If I could pick only one it would have been the Columbia Convertible Commuter by The Renaissance Man. The lines on that bike are gorgeous and I want it so bad haha
  11. theruns

Huffy Nel Lusso Build

I know right? I hate that so many perfectly good bikes get thrown away just because they request a little TLC from their owners. We live in a very "disposable" society and anything that doesn't fit our needs or no longer fits our needs just gets tossed aside and abandoned. I can assure you...
  12. theruns

Huffy Nel Lusso Build

You guys are absolutely right! haha And we already knew that, but she really wanted to ride it :) but she isn't as mechanically inclined as myself so I would end up building it for her (which I have no problem with!) If i get her a bike though I would want it to be either vintage or of a...
  13. theruns

Huffy Nel Lusso Build

OK folks another update! I have officially been using the bike for commuting for two days now and I am really enjoying it! We are expecting rain tomorrow so I figured I would take the opportunity to get some better pedals by tomorrow so my feet don't slide off the cheap plastic huffy ones. I...
  14. theruns

Huffy Nel Lusso Build

Oh right I knew I had seen that before while lurking around! haha that's a beautiful bike!
  15. theruns

Huffy Nel Lusso Build

That's awesome! What bars did you put on yours? Any pics?
  16. theruns

Huffy Nel Lusso Build

Yeah I'm not normally a chain guard kind of person (the bmx-er in me I suppose) but I think this one is actually very important to the look of the bike
  17. theruns

Huffy Nel Lusso Build

as in ridges pressed into the metal? then yes it is indeed ribbed Thank you very much for the suggestion it is very much appreciated! It looks like a super comfy seat
  18. theruns

Huffy Nel Lusso Build

An update on the direction I'm going with the bike: Today after work I went for a ride to my workplace to see if commuting would be feasible for me and I'm happy to say it's a beautiful ride! Rochester is a very bike friendly town! This makes me very excited and I plan to start riding to work...
  19. theruns

Hello from a Minnesotan!

Nope its a 26" my legs are too short for a 29er haha
  20. theruns

Hello from a Minnesotan!

Thanks guys! Much appreciated! Here is a link to my bike's build! http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/huffy-nel-lusso-build.93623/
Back