Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Tosa2112

Schwinn T&C

My wife's uncle asked that I keep an eye out for a reasonably priced trike (right!). I knew that a project would be in order and this one was super cheap. As you can see, the axle snapped off. Does anybody out there have experience replacing an axle on one of these? Or where I can locate one...
  2. Tosa2112

Raleigh tires

I've been keeping an eye out for a Raleigh for a while and suddenly I have 4 of them. I have 3 Sprites which need tires. If I recall correctly, Raleighs have special tires. Is there a special designation that I should be looking for like with some of the Schwinn rims? Any advice would be...
  3. Tosa2112

Raleigh cotter pins

One of the cotter pins needs to be tightened on my Raleigh. I checked out Sheldon Brown's page on cottered cranks and other than the specialized tool, he recommends using a hammer. Has anybody else used the hammer method? Any recommendations? Thank you. http://www.sheldonbrown.com/cotters.html
  4. Tosa2112

Coast-to-Coast? ...not gonna make it

Freebie...Columbia perhaps? The run-over rear wheel is a nice touch.
  5. Tosa2112

Parts Bin Schwinn

This was my aborted klunker project. It seemed a shame to not use a frame with lots of patina. Maybe I'll add a basket for beer runs... Improvised fulcrum clip
  6. Tosa2112

Cannondale

Thanks to Presidents Washington and Lincoln, I have the day off. So, of course, I went to the thrift store. $20. Can you say flip?
  7. Tosa2112

Tandem

I picked up this JCPenney tandem over the weekend. Just tubes and a light cleanup required.
  8. Tosa2112

Raleigh Sprite(s) - updated 4-11-09

A thrift store find. It's in very nice shape. My wife is digging it, so it's a keeper. A little cleaning and a tune up and it'll be ready for spring. The square fenders are way cool.
  9. Tosa2112

75 Schwinn Scrambler

Bartered some stuff on CL for this one. I can't wait to find a seat and bars!
  10. Tosa2112

Some recent finds...

A free one...may use for parts. Dig the bright orange cable housing. a rough Schwinn Traveler freebee The lugged frame is cool. May build one for the Mrs. another freebee..I think this one's a JC Penney. Funky front freewheel setup... AMF Roadmaster 3 speed w/coaster brake. Got 'er at...
  11. Tosa2112

Mellow Yellow

Here we go...it's a start. The stem and seat are from a Next bmx bike and the bars from a Schwinn/Giant scooter.
  12. Tosa2112

Chrome Westpoint

I received this in exchange for selling some other bikes on CL. It has some bmx-style pedals, GT grips and a comfy seat. Missing the tank and rear rack but I'm diggin' it. Mmmmm...shiny.
  13. Tosa2112

Admiral Rat

And with hours to spare! This is my favorite bike...and my first ballon tire. Rollin'...
  14. Tosa2112

My first motorcycle

This was my late Uncle's bike. He also owned a 2007 Honda Shadow which I sold for my Grandma so, in return, she gave me his 1984 V65 Sabre. It's been sitting for a long time so the carbs were rather gummed up but a friend helped to get them cleaned out and now it runs like a champ. It still...
  15. Tosa2112

My Son's Cruiser

We had it torn down to paint but he couldn't commit to a color, so he's cruisin' while waiting for inspiration. Coolest kid's bike in the neighborhood, if I do say so myself.
  16. Tosa2112

What is this thing?

Any idea what this thing is? It was in the basement when we moved into our house. It was made by the Duff Manufacturing Company! :D
  17. Tosa2112

another Schwinn 8/16

I have the day off, so a rummaging I go. $5 complete with the much sought-after leopard skin sidewalls. :D
  18. Tosa2112

Admiral Rat

Admiral Rat reporting for duty!
  19. Tosa2112

Curbside finds

These were set out at the curb in my neighborhood. I couldn't turn Vanna around fast enough! Schwinn Varsity w/ lights. GT Interceptor. All the original stuff including the GT grips with the donuts on 'em.
  20. Tosa2112

Hiway Patrol

I picked this up at an estate sale last weekend. Pre-war?
Back