Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. W

Any Idea What This Is?

Thanks for the info and the heads up about the headtube. I've never seen one damaged like that before.
  2. W

Any Idea What This Is?

Hey guys. This frame has a really mangles headtube but I couldn't pass it up. Any ideas what it may be? It has the the following tags on the bottom bracket M O V M20 2789 I have no idea what it is I just thought it looked cool. Thanks http://www.imagebam.com/image/b3f1f8552255888...
  3. W

free spirit bittany ( i think it is called) 3 speed coaster brake

Nice bike. I don't really know anything about it other than I can personally attest that SEARS made quality bikes back in the day. I restored a Free Spirt trike for my mom and I'm very pleased with the build quality of these things. The Schwinn's from that era had better group sets but the...
  4. W

Roadmaster and Western Flyer Repro's Value?

Hello, I went to an indoor flea market today and a guy was selling a Roadmaster and Western Flyer repro's He said they were original. I told him if I believed that for a second you'd already have my money. Both are in way to great of shape to be original bikes, we're talking almost mint. My...
  5. W

Mag Wheels On A Trailmate DeSoto Classic WHAT HAVE I DONE?

Well, it's a good news bad news situation. Good news is I don't believe the hub is bent. Bad news is I believe the axle is bent or shot. There is a lot of play on both sides of that housing on that side. I think you're right on both accounts. I'm just gonna put some road tires on it and keep it...
  6. W

Price, mainly. These mag wheels are crazy expensive. If I'm going to invest that much money into wheels I'd rather it be for something other than a Trailmate trike. Yes, I've read freezer and also heat while researching them in the past few days. It might be worth a shot. I'm going to my...
  7. W

From the looks of it they have the same flaw as the old cottered crank. Which is over time they become almost welded to each other. At least with those you can heat them up and beat the heck out of them. I don't believe that technique will work with these plastic wheels. It has really knobby...
  8. W

Hello, I picked up a pretty beat up Trailmate DeSoto Classic with Skyway Mag Wheels for real cheap. It was an old shop trike that someone welded a support brace to -- to make it stronger and also a steel plate on the back to make it a flatbed. I want to use it for much the same they used for -...
  9. W

How to remove rust and polish chrome very cheap

I have great results with Bar Keepers Friend and it's super cheep.
  10. W

I Feel Like I'm Home.

Hello, everyone. Sorry it's taken so long but I've been really busy with work + taking my mom back and fourth to rehab. She had a total knee replacement 6 weeks ago and getting her through this has become like a second job. Thank You, thats very kind. Thank you. Hopefully it's just locked up...
  11. W

I Feel Like I'm Home.

Hello, my name is Chris. I rode bikes when I was a kid. I fixed them when they needed it but I wouldn't say I loved doing it. Once I got my license and figured out chicks like cars more than bikes I stopped ridding altogether. Then one day 2 years ago while at a flea market I saw this beat up...
Back