Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Jaypem

The Hoard part I

A Ratrodders dream..... Lots of good stuff... and also lots of stuff. I'd like to get someone to come and pick it up, so first shot is to any one in the SF Bay Area who's ready to come and get it. $1500 cash
  2. Jaypem

BO15 Get Ready for Bed!

I've been planning that my next build would be a classic bedframe bike...with a twist. Realistically though, let's say roughly 50/50 I find the time to build this by September..
  3. Jaypem

Front wheel drive Electric hub...any help I can get appreciated!

Looking to put an electric drive on a Schwinn Heavy Duti. I know nothing about these except what I want it to be able to do...get me and a packload of gear about 5 miles up a rather steep dirt road. Dont need to go fast necessarily, or be rad or high performance, just punch it up the mountain...
  4. Jaypem

RRBBO13 One Year..One Fender

5. Jaypem

F° 451...still building

As you might guess, now that the BBO is done I finally have a little time to work on my bike...:) Still hoping we'll have another anything goes BO this winter, as I do suspect it'll take me at least that long to do this... So, what I've managed to get sorted out...the rear axle and wheel...
  6. Jaypem

Workman Cycletruck

Local antique store has a Worksman Cycletruck for sale. Pretty decent condition...just curious if anyone has any idea of what a good price for one of these is?? Photos later if I can get some
  7. Jaypem

Another one...The Pie Bike

I posted some of the work from the beginning of this build...just can't remember where? Found this cool old GI camp oven and figured out a way to strap it to an old cycle truck. Fabricated a fresh steel shelf onto the CT frame, a fire box with a door for shoveling in coals, and a rear rack to...
  8. Jaypem

F° 451

Parts are piling up.
  9. Jaypem

Asado Mechanico

I was thinking I'd do two builds in the upcoming build off, since I have two builds I need to do, but just noticed it's one build only this go round... No Problemo! I'll do one here, and since this is sort of a re-do of an already existing creation, it's probably better anyway. Plus I'm hoping...
  10. Jaypem

Chrome Removal

Anyone have an easy way to take chrome off?
  11. Jaypem

Low Flyer...Rat 53

The Low Flyer "Rat 53" has been brazenly advertising itself as a better X53 here for the last couple months. I'm ready to drop the hubris and admit the obvious....There is no building a better X53. While it's true that the famous icon built by Western Flyer is a rather flimsy machine, the...
  12. Jaypem

I don't know anything about Banana seats...

Or Ape Hangers and Sissy bars either...except that I had em on a couple bikes when I was a kid :) Well, now I have project where I need a couple of each and I'm not sure which ones are good... I don't know if Schwinn made Coppertone banana seats, but that would be perfect. The Orange krate...
  13. Jaypem

Trike guys...little help?

I've got a couple of ideas for three wheelers I want to pursue, but really have no idea where to go for drive train parts...?
  14. Jaypem

Low Flyer...."Building a Better X53"

I'm in. * Name Change! In consideration of all the real stretch bikes being built, I'll be calling this Low Flyer. The stretching of this frame is minimal. It is lowered quite a bit though!
  15. Jaypem

Western Flyer Red Jewel Pedals

These look like the ones one some X53's but these have 9/16" threads. So, no use for me unfortunately. But a great opportunity for you guys who run the 3 piece cranks and want a cool set of pedals! Full size, very straight and free spinning. $70+shipping
  16. Jaypem

Red Band 2 speed kickback hub

Nice clean hub...AND spokes! $75+shipping
  17. Jaypem

Schwinn Springer Fork

Chrome is very decent. Off of a 60's HD American Lacking the AS bolts at the spring. For a 26" $50 + shipping
  18. Jaypem

Post your board track racer builds!

I've got a client interested doing a board track bike for his car and motorcycle collection/ man cave .... I'd love to see some bikes members have built and any awesome ones out there that you've seen and want to share :)
  19. Jaypem

Rusty Chopper needs a chain guard..

And maybe a proper name... But I was hoping that I could get some forum feedback on some design ideas! Going to use the expanded metal, I've pulled a couple of CWC shapes so far (truss rods), but curios if anyone would like to post pics of some of their favorite classic chainguards ? Here are...
  20. Jaypem

Tips on how to convert to LED light?

Mounted up this cool fog light, or motorcycle light ( or something..) and now I'm wondering what kind of LED light I can pop in there. Needs to most likely run on AAA batteries... And if possible, I'd like to mount an old toggle or rotary switch on the outside. Can it be done ??
Back