Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Dizzle Problems

ORBO Nostalgic Contemporary

Aka retro modern. Typically when I build, I aim to keep things era specific. Mainly late 70s - early 80s style builds. In an effort to push myself outside of that zone, I’m going to go with what these days is a common occurrence. Old frame, ‘modern’ bits. This will be a coaster brake bike...
  2. Dizzle Problems

Dad bike 2.0

So, these days I’m fortunate enough to spend a lot of saddle time with a co pilot. My current ‘dad bike’ is functional, but lacking just a few things I’d like. Namely, more gears, and hand brakes. (After starting this, I realized I don’t have a good picture of my current set up. I’ll edit that...
  3. Dizzle Problems

Smokey

In the process of gathering bits for a build, thought I’d try to take some pictures and share along the way. Lately I’ve been building more ‘utilitarian/ city’ style bikes out of vintage mountain bikes. The first thing I was hunting for and found was a fork- It’s an ‘89 Diamondback fork. I’m...
  4. Dizzle Problems

The Crusty Pistachio

Did a little rework on my crusty Laguna Cruiser. From beach to bruiser. Build thread — The Crusty Pistachio Entry pic-
  5. Dizzle Problems

26” straight mtb fork 1”

Hunting for a straight mtb fork for a 26” wheel with cantilever mounts. 1” threaded or threadless. Need a steerer at least 7.5” long, but open to anything longer, or even anything over 6.5” for future projects. Like this- These forks were ‘common’ in the late 80s-early 90s on mtb. Color...
  6. Dizzle Problems

The Crusty Pistachio

As I’ve been meaning to do a rebuild on this frame, figured what better motivation then to throw my hat in the ring for the build off. 1980ish Laguna Cruiser. Since my original build on it, I’ve referred to it as the Pistachio. Thus the title name. I’ve made some small changes since the...
  7. Dizzle Problems

Frames, fork, and 65t sprocket

Few items that would like a new home. prewar Elgin frame. Mostly bare metal, little bit of red here n there. I used this frame as a build off bike at one point. Slight ‘wave’ in one of the seat stays but the frame is straight and rides nice. $110 shipped to the lower 48 — SOLD 1990ish...
  8. Dizzle Problems

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a

Figure it’s been a bit since I did a build thread. So why not attempt one. As some know, I’ve been on the hunt for a Kona humuhumunukunukuapua'a for some time. As luck would have it, I found a frame. Or, better stated, a friend found a frame and lead me to it! I believe it to be a ‘95 pre...
  9. Dizzle Problems

Scramblin’

Build journal- Scramblin’
  10. Dizzle Problems

Scramblin’

Since I’m building this bike up anyhow, figured I’d try to take a few pics along the way. First order of business is to straighten the fork, as it’s been pushed back a little bit. Since this bike is at work, I’ll build it when I have a few spare minutes at the end of my lunch break each day...
  11. Dizzle Problems

Crusty Cruisin

Haven’t posted a build for quite some time, thought maybe I’d try to document one. I picked up this beautiful Laguna frame a little bit back that needed some attention. Most obvious is the ‘gusset’ someone added along the way. the under side of the cig box behind the BB was also rusted...
  12. Dizzle Problems

Felt Berm Master tires- 26 x 2.125

Trying to find a pair, pairs, or singles of this tire. Think it’s been a few years since they made em. Thanks. I know they made 24” too, but looking for 26”. Closest showing tire-
  13. Dizzle Problems

Covid Junker

So, like a lot of folks, I have a little more free time right now. I’ve taken the past few weeks to clean up, rebuild, overhaul, etc a few bikes to sell off. And have also been organizing and going through the hoard. A bunch of friends chipped in last week and bought me an awesome new bike work...
  14. Dizzle Problems

‘37 Schwinn BF Goodrich

So a little over a year ago I picked up this ‘37 BF Goodrich badged Schwinn straight bar frame. Since then I’ve been gathering parts for it when I crossed them. After buying 4 forks, I found ‘the one’. The aim since the beginning was to do a stripped down ride. No fenders or chain guard. I...
  15. Dizzle Problems

Royce speedometer

Have a pretty cool Royce speedo up for grabs. Glass has crack, and cable has a mangled spot. Be great for the right rat! $35 shipped note, due to lock down shippin may take a couple days as opposed to my usual next day. Thanks for understanding. Open to offers.
  16. Dizzle Problems

SOLD Murray rat trap fork. Spaceliner etc. 26”

Nice rat trap fork. I haven’t even wiped it down. Should clean up nice, or leave ratty. 7 7/8ish steerer tube. Looks to have been lengthened at some point. Fits a Schwinn king size, and prob fits the larger 20” seattube pre war bikes. $125 shipped to the lower 48.— Now 105 shipped
  17. Dizzle Problems

Newport Bicycle Works?

Picked this up last night. Never seen anything like it. Anybody have an idea of its history? Guessing prewar
  18. Dizzle Problems

Guessing 90’s?

So I was sent a picture of this bike frame/fork, and asked to help identify it. At first glance my thoughts were industrial bike, like a summit, huskey, heavy duti, etc. But the Canti tabs and euro bb have me stumped. Based on the unicrown fork, and the cable guide for cantis, my guess is pre...
  19. Dizzle Problems

SOLD ‘51 Schwinn lightweight frame/fork

‘51 Schwinn frame set up for sale. Has been spray bombed flat black. Frame, fork, headset. Can include bb cups of needed. Nice and straight and has the cool late 40s forks I believe they started phasing out in ‘51. $100 shipped in the lower 48. I had visions of a paisley governor...
  20. Dizzle Problems

SOLD ‘59 Schwinn Canti frame. ‘Coppertone’

‘59 Schwinn Canti frame. Has been repainted, similar to coppertone but with a metal flake. Hard to picture but pops in the sun. It does have chips and isn’t perfect. Bb cups included. Last pic is for reference of how I had it built. $100 shipped to the lower 48
Back