Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Chuy

ORBO Sticker Prize Pack - SWBO & ORBO

Hello Everyone! This being my 1st build off I wanted to add a little something to the competition. I would like to provide the ORBO and SWBO Winners with a small sticker pack for free and mailed to you! If you live across the pond somewhere it may not be free but i’ll find a way to get the...
  2. Chuy

ORBO GT - The Pigeon Roost

I’d like to join my first ever build off! Got myself a cheap 90’s GT Palomar, nothing really special or stand out about it. No special 90’s GT paint job, grip shifts and just plain boring. What’s a Palomar? This is how i bought it and the following pic is how it currently is after the tear...
  3. Chuy

Fishing…

Does anyone fish? With camping season starting up again I decided to try my hand at fishing. I’ve been deep sea fishing and those fish were “easy” to catch. Drop a line and wait, reel in your catch and hand it off to a crew member. I’ve been attending YouTube University on shore fishing. I feel...
  4. Chuy

Atom Drum Quick Release Brake Line

I’ve been racking my brain on how to convert the regular (brake line clamp bolt) style brake arm to a quick release style. From this: To this: If I can find a perfect sized square hole brake arm that would be ideal, but I’ve been looking for Sturmey Archer parts and can’t find a cheap one...
  5. Chuy

Salvageable?

Took this saddle of a Schwinn I just got. They didn’t have right seat post clamp so they just let the seat rest on the top of the seat post causing the leather to rise into a bubble. maybe it was for comfort? :oops: prostate checker? Downhill grip? Is there a way to salvage the seat or should...
  6. Chuy

Shimano MX Coaster Brake

Hello everyone, on the hunt for a Shimano coaster brake like the one pictured. Black, high flanged with a coaster brake. Let me know Thanks
  7. Chuy

So-Cal free bike stuff (North Hollywood, 91601)

I’m looking to unload most of my unused stuff, I’ll be posting often as I am currently clearing out my garage and moving stuff to my new bike hoarding shed. Not looking to ship at the moment. keep looking, I’ll update the post regularly with new items and tag others as taken. 2 cruiser...
  8. Chuy

Good Used Bicycle Tools

Hello, I’m looking to add to my on-the-go bicycle tool box. There’s a list below of the stuff I think I need. Let me know what you have, send me a message with a pic if possible. Also, I mainly work with American bottom bracket bikes and dip into the euro style from time to time. I could buy...
  9. Chuy

FOUND - Bendix Redband Splined Cog

Looking for something smaller then the 20 tooth cog I already have. Not really sure what other sizes were made, but would be interested if anyone has one. For reference. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Chuy

Brooks leather too far gone to restore? *yes it is!*

I got this B72 in a box full of other saddles. I’ve considered restoring it, but I don’t have the slightest of how to do it. But before I dive into the world of leather restoration, is the saddles leather too far gone? I’ll post a few more pics in a bit. The frames in good shape, a little crust...
  11. Chuy

Velodrome Swap Meet - Los Angeles

I placed this in the wrong section earlier. Should be a good one, first one since the covid shut down and bike boom. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Chuy

March 6 Bicycle Swap Meet - Los Angeles

Like the ad says, it’s the first swap meet since our covid shut down started a year ago. Should be a good one! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Chuy

BMX Shirts

First and foremost we should support Rat Rod Bikes any way we can, I’ve bought a few shirts and other stuff from their shop in the past and I hope you do to! Local museum here in my area, Valley Relics Museum, is having a 30% off sale and that includes their cool BMX shirts from companies that...
  14. Chuy

Ashtabula Stamped Crank and Quill Stem

Anyone have a crank and/or stem they’d like to sell? PM me. Shipping would be to Encino, CA 91316. Something in working order and straight if possible. Need cranks for a DX and I’m not sure what lengths they came in for adults. 165mm+ in length. Message me with pics and your price and we’ll...
  15. Chuy

Spokes

Hello, Anyone have a spot where you get spokes for a good price? I’m trying to buy a few wheel sets worth at the moment. Out here in CA they go for about $1.25 with the nipple. 216 spokes are needed. 216 spokes @ $1.25 a piece = a lot! I’ll even consider buying blanks and cutting and...
  16. Chuy

Schwinn Approved Double Clamp

Anyone seen or have one of these? Were they ever mass produced? I have never seen one, I’d bet that they’re pretty pricey. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Chuy

Offer up vintage bike sale this Sunday, CA.

Here’s an ad on offer up, guy looks like he selling the whole lot. Some nice stuff there. https://offerup.co/HqakGrY68bb Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Chuy

Schwinn Camelback Frame

I’m looking for a Schwinn camelback frame in either a 26” or 27” wheel size. Let me know what have and a price shipped to 91601. Here’s a couple pics from the web. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Chuy

WTB: Schwinn Dx Frame or something similar FOUND!

Buddy of mine is looking for a bike frame to build up. Something like this. Let me know what you guys have, wants a straight/curved bar style frame for a klunker/BMX build. 26” wheel and shipped to 91316 (if you’re not local) Shoot me a message. Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Chuy

Araya Faux-Class Wheels

I decided to make a false set of Araya Pro Class wheels. Over the years I’ve been drawn to bikes with dimpled rims! I have a few sets of CMC wheels so why not give it a shot. Here’s what I’m starting with. Nice little medium high flanged front hub and a Shimano D-Type coaster for the rear...
Back