Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. fjernt

Nirve Smoking Loon Cruiser

Nice. Ive had a couple of these nirve cruisers. I use em for parts or flip, since the frame is so small.
  2. fjernt

Removing BB bearing cup / shell

I've been using a blunt metal tool, hitting it as hard as I can.. Guess I'll have to hit harder. Havent damaged it so far:D I tried buying these cups online, but could not find one for the life of me. Neither could I find a 3-piece BB that would fit this size. But this is Norway, so cruiser...
  3. fjernt

Removing BB bearing cup / shell

The 2 cups inserted into the BB shell on a frame, how to get em out? Just a hammer and chisel kinda thing? It worked on the headtube cups, but having a hard time with the BB.
  4. fjernt

Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Some people... Just bought a "mint" 21" banana seat from the local verison of CL. It included a sissy bar, so at 20$ I thought it was a reasonable buy. 14$ shipping ontop of that. After picking it up, first thing I notice it's incredibly carelessly packed, and smaller than anticipated. Turns out...
  5. fjernt

My Basman Build aka El Jefe

OH, I'm excited about this one. A Basman's gonna be my next project too. Ruff actually makes tank framed Basmans now, one regular called promo, and a special edition with the P346 spades cut out. Anyway, give us an update already:D
  6. fjernt

tricycle differential slipping -HELP-

I cant figure out how to get it off/open tho..
  7. fjernt

tricycle differential slipping -HELP-

Hi! Recently got a new trike, it can be seen in the fresh finds part of the forum. The problem is, when I try to pedal it, everything works fine, until it gets to the rear axle/differential. The diff/drive spins, but it slips on the axle.Does anyone know how to fix this, or could share some...
  8. fjernt

Older European Trike Find (Help!)

Yup! Based on a typical folding frame. As for the hub, I'm hopeful, but the drive skips abit before catching when I pedal, not really sure what that means tho.. I've gotten the stem and seatpost unjammed, just trying out some stuff now and cleaning it up. Gonna have to cut off the fender braces...
  9. fjernt

The model is called Kynast, and it is indeed made as a trike. The web seems void of any information besides that..
  10. fjernt

Guten tag! Been looking for reasonably prices trikes for a while now, and came across this one. Had it shipped across the country, but overall it wasn't too expensive. It's in decent condition, lots of surface rust, the usual when it comes to older bikes. The seller told me there was some kind...
  11. fjernt

All of your expert help is needed again...

Not bad. I really like the angles on it.
  12. fjernt

All of your expert help is needed again...

All I know is that I like it! How much did he spend?
  13. fjernt

Electra Flying Sue Banana Seat Bike

Very nice! Did the fork fit perfectly? Been looking at that one myself[emoji4] How did u secure the sissybar? Mounted one on my electra cruiser recently, and it didnt really fit.. Anyway, good looking bike man!
  14. fjernt

post trike pictures

Yeah, I gotta learn to lace sooner or later anyway I guess. Finally found a place that sells the hubs aswell (bicycledesigner.com for anyone wondering). Are there any other methods used on trike wheels, besides the hollow hubs I mean?
  15. fjernt

post trike pictures

I see alot of these are built using the typical conversion kits that bolt on to the rear. I've tried asking some ebay sellers about the "hollow hub" wheels that are used, but I only get vague answers.. Is it just a freewheel? Or like a front wheel with the axle removed? I wanna use one of these...
  16. fjernt

Trike guys...little help?

There is such a thing as a bolt-on tricycle conversion kit. It's basically a drivetrain and an axle, that you bolt on where the rear wheel would go. I've been looking into these myself lately. It seems like a good way to convert pretty much any bike into a trike. You can find these on ebay and...
  17. fjernt

Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

I laughed pretty hard at this. Bicycle bike to tricycle trike :D Anyway, anyone got experience with these types of kits?
  18. fjernt

The Capitalist.

Thats a cool idea! I'll be going to a hardware warehouse later this week, I'll see if they have something like that:)
  19. fjernt

The Capitalist.

Ill probably put something on there. Keeping my eyes peeled for a suitable knob. And no chanche of hitting it, no[emoji4]
  20. fjernt

The Capitalist.

Been having a hard time choosing the right handlebars for this bike. I put on some small soft-curve apes I got on another recent find, they work ok, but I will buy a dragbar next week and see how that works. Made a shifter and got the crank put on. The chain is nice and rusty, so wont do...
Back