Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. G

***WBO 2017 (AG/UF BO) VOTING THREAD!***

This Build off was my first and I had an ABSOULTE BLAST I'm addicted now haha and this build off has given sooo much inspiration for my next build I can't wait
  2. G

Mint Chocolate Chip

Motorized version haha. Grav bike version = no motor or mount, no headlight and no gas tank haha
  3. G

Mint Chocolate Chip

This is a beautiful gravity bike brother. A grav bike was actually my first build I hit 43mph on it. It was a flipped Bmx frame, fox front fork and custom knee mounts. Got bored quick though and installed a motor that's where my love of bike building started hahaha. With a motor I hit 53mph with...
  4. G

Old Soul Young Blood Finished!

How's it going guys I just finished my Electra custom rat rod, steampunk mush mash bike. Sorry it took so long to update on the build but I was very busy. My final touch was an authentic coon tail haha. This was the most fun I ever had with a bike build and I think it came out awesome. I...
  5. G

"Old Soul Young Blood"

How's it going guys sorry I've been MIA but school started so I've been busy. Today I FINALLY got my package from India. My canister style leather saddle bag. I played with some mounting options and finally decided to place it under the top bar and it looks great. I also got artsy fartsy with...
  6. G

"Old Soul Young Blood"

I actually have thought about it and I'm going to do it right now it looks too clean to match with the rest of the bike. Firstly I using green scotch pads to remove the shine from the chrome and give it a brushed aluminum look similar to the fork leader. As far as technique goes I found and old...
  7. G

"Old Soul Young Blood"

Got it brother I never thought of that I might fab something up to see how it looks
  8. G

"Old Soul Young Blood"

By dropouts did you mean the support bars for the rear tire? I'm a little rusty on some bike terminology
  9. G

"Old Soul Young Blood"

Hey brother I've actually get that question a lot. I use a spray can called tint it. They usually sell it at micheals or arts and craft stores. It sticks to glass great just make sure you clean it before hand. They have lots of colors but I use sunflower because it creates that vintage amber...
  10. G

"Old Soul Young Blood"

Also after looking at my bike I decided that the middle of the frame looks empty so I've been toying with the idea of adding a copper crossbar to add more steampunk haha. So far ideas include a straight horizontal bar similar to old straight bar frames. I would just add some wood under the arch...
  11. G

"Old Soul Young Blood"

I actually went to lowes and saw that paint but then remembered I had some similar tones at home so I went home got some black primer, hammered copper finished and dark red matte and dry brushed it on the seat now it looks so much better
  12. G

"Old Soul Young Blood"

Any input on how to Rust the rails and springs. I was thinking sanding and spraying the mixture for natural rust. But getting in all those tight spaces is gonna be hard and it wouldn't look right if it's all patchy with perfect chrome and rust. I'm thinking maybe a coat of rust colored and...
  13. G

"Old Soul Young Blood"

I'm working hard before classes start because once they do my free time is really gonna plummet haha. My hairpin saddle came in the mail finally :grin: took forever shipping from china. When I first got it it wasn't in alignment but with a gentle suggestion from my hammer and prybar it...
  14. G

Western Scraper

I can't wait to see the final product
  15. G

"Old Soul Young Blood"

Thanks for the updates I'll try and fix that it's a pet peeve not being able to import them or post them properly and yea I love my swapmeet stash. Yesterday I threw all of the parts in including a fender I rustified as well as an awesome swirly Q fork attachment I made out of old moped parts...
  16. G

"Old Soul Young Blood"

I picked up some awesome parts at the bike swap meet. Got a different crank with smaller pedal arms and transferred my sprocket over. Also found some old schwinn super rusty pedals. And lastly some killer small bike mufflers I love. I can't wait to change the look of them and rust them a bit.
  17. IMG_7898

IMG_7898

18. IMG_7896

IMG_7896

19. IMG_7762

IMG_7762

Back