Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. jpshaw

Help! Ideas for Bicycle Sidecar Project for Dog

I would stick with the sidecar idea. One extra wheel not two and all you really need is some flat space. That breed is very adaptive and he doesn't need to be completely enclosed.
  2. jpshaw

LocoJoe's Recent Rides

I am fairly new to RRB and found this thread several weeks ago. Even posted a response after watching "My Bike Buddy" but decided to not respond again until I read (watched) all the 52 pages which took awhile. Now I have caught up and can say it has been a very refreshing 52 pages. Not the...
  3. jpshaw

The "Alley Rat" Racer is Finished!

Nice bike. I'm glad you left it bare metal.
  4. jpshaw

New guy here from CT!

Welcome to the forum junkhead.
  5. jpshaw

Desert Geo Couch

Thought that gearing looked low but didn't know it was that low.
  6. jpshaw

Derust inside seat tube, sanding device

Could use a 12 gauge wire cleaning brush fixed to a sectional cleaning rod. If you will unscrew the part with the handle the remainder will also fit into the chuck of a 3/8 inch drill.
  7. jpshaw

Hello from Galveston

Welcome to the forum. Used to spend a lot of time on Bolivar Peninsula back when the only ride between the two was the Cone Johnson and the R. S. Sterling. Nice bike though.
  8. jpshaw

LocoJoe's Recent Rides

You are a very blessed man loco but I quess you know that.
  9. jpshaw

Mile-High Hello!

Welcome to RRB Alfredj. I'm with ifitsfreeitsforme on fitting a motor on that frame though but I'm sure there is a way.
  10. jpshaw

Will a 2.3"x 26" tire fit in a Schwinn Middleweight?

With my Pacific built Schwinn with 26 x 2.125 I have loads of room around the frame for a 2.3 including the chain. Can't comment on the fenders though since I don't have those on.
  11. jpshaw

Ten Grand in fifty dollar bills

All I would find in mine would be rust and spiders.
  12. jpshaw

Hello from Poland.

Welcome and good luck on your bike. Looks like you've got plenty to work with.
  13. jpshaw

Hello from Mi

Welcome to the forum from Louisiana.
  14. jpshaw

Rusted pedals to crank

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you will get a "closed" box wrench on a pedal. I will have to be an open end since there is a bar on one side and a pedal on the other.
  15. jpshaw

New guy from Louisiana.

Yes it can but I really wanted a dark tan bike.
  16. jpshaw

1943 Phillips Ex British Army Roadster

That really doesn't need restoring.
  17. jpshaw

Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

Here is my Schwinn Delmar. This was actually stolen 6 years ago and I found it in a yard 1/2 mile from my house before I even knew it was stolen. The chain was off and jammed up to the point I had to pick it up in my truck.
  18. jpshaw

New guy from Louisiana.

Retired but not into golf, bass boats or hunting camps. I do some of that but my favorite toy is this old Schwinn bike. I know it's China made but when I bought it years ago from Walmart I thought it was made in the USA. I am OK with everything but the color which is almost like new however...
Back