Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. U

SWB0 Sixty

My wife’s bike is a China made Schwinn from Wal Mart. It doesn't ride very well so I told her that I could build her a bike that would ride much better. Here’s the starting point. It’s a mid 70’s Schwinn frame and fork ( I’ll have to check the serial number later). I bought this several years...
  2. U

Splegiate

I will be upgrading this tire old 3 speed Speedster into a 5 Speed useing parts from this Collegiate donor bike. I took the Speedster out Yesterday for it’s final ride to get a current picture of it, but had to cut it short when I saw a bulge in the severely dry rotted front tire. The first two...
  3. U

Jessie James

JJ is finished as it’s going to get for now so it’s time to post the final pictures. 😉 Enjoy!
  4. U

Schwinn 24” Camelback frame

I’m still looking for a Schwinn 24” camelback frame. The last 2 that I had leads on turned out to be 26” frames. I’d really like to have just the frame, fork and chain guard, but I’d consider anything from just a frame to a complete bike. Let me know what you have. Thanks!
  5. U

Threads size on Schwinn fork

Does anyone know for sure what the thread size/pitch is on the top of the made in Chicago Schwinn forks?
  6. U

Jessie James ( JJ )

I picked this up planning to use the forks on an OCC Stingray in hopes of correcting the horrible steering geometry they have. However this actually rides pretty good so I stuck it in the back of the shed to work on it someday. I will simply call it Jessie James or JJ for short. This is how I...
  7. U

Scores from the Redneck Rumble in Lebanon Tn. today.

Hello all! I went to a car show/ swap meet today and there was quite a good turnout of old bicycles and parts! First thing I found was a complete 27” Schwinn Varsity camelback in blue! (Blue is my favorite Schwinn color) I traded a 20” suspension mountain bike for it. I didn’t take a picture of...
  8. U

Huff the mighty…..

Ok moving this build to class 2 to conform to the rules. Here’s the starting point.
  9. U

Astro Flyer frame and parts

I found an Astro Flyer on Facebook Marketplace....ad is one of those “ships to you” that I’ve been seeing a lot of lately. Anyhow, I messaged the guy and he says he’s in Fletcher Ok. Since I don’t know this guy I’m not going to send him any money, but was thinking that if anyone here lives in or...
  10. U

Test to upload photo

Hopefully this picture will load. It’s a teat to see if I did it right. I picked this Schwinn camelback Speedster up Friday. Was suppose to be a 24”, but turned out to be a 26”. I have plans for the seat, but have to repair the bottom pan first...
  11. U

Schwinn Speedster what year?

I just picked up this Speedster, but can't find a serial number on the head tube or the left rear drop out. Is there any other place it could be? It's blue, has a camelback frame ans 26" S5 wheel. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
  12. U

Schwinn 24" Camelback frame and fork

Does anyone have a 24" camelback frame and fork? I have some stuff I could trade, or could buy outright. Campus Green or Sky Blue would be my first choices for color, but any would be considered. Thanks.
  13. U

Jokers Wild

This is a China made Schwinn Stingray knock off that I picked up in April last year from a scrap metal place. The springer forks were broken and the overall condition poor, but the frame was straight and useable, so I drug it home and throw it in the stash for a future project. I am currently...
  14. U

schwinn rams horn handlebars

I'm looking for a set of Schwinn Rams Horn handlebars dated 1967 to replace the ones taken off my Rams Horn Fastback years ago. Thank you.
  15. U

67 Schwinn Fastback

I just picked up a Fastback a few days ago. Serial #ECxxxxx, so if my information is correct that makes it a May 1967 build. A few things that puzzle me about this bike is that it is painted Campus Green which isn't listed in the Schwinn catalogs until 1968. Another thing I find curious is that...
  16. U

King RayKing finished

Well I Got'er Done! and been riding around the neighborhood enjoying it. I will be taking it to the Rat Rod Rumble in Lebanon Tn this fall and to the Get a Grip bicycle show in Cleveland Tn. next spring. Hope to see some of you there! next spring.
  17. U

Schwinn Midget

I only just found out that Schwinn made a 16" Midget Stingray! I'd like to build one up for my grandson when he comes to visit. Anyone here have one they'd part with?
  18. U

How do I read this date code?

This is the crank off of a Schwinn lil chik. How do I read the date?
  19. U

Schwinn kick stand

I need a kickstand for a 24 inch Schwinn canti frame for my King Ray build. I was going to shorten one from a 26" frame but it doesm't seem to fit in through the mounting hole correctly. Also, if anyone has a green occ stingray chain guard I may be interested in that too. Thanks, Alan.
Back