Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

Micargi Royal Dutch

QQ What material did you use for the battery box?
  2. D

What front hub do I need for this fork?

I picked up a 4" micargi fat front fork so i can go with a wider tire. the dropouts measure 145mm to the center of the metal dropouts. And i have ordered double walled 65mm from https://www.robsson.de/en/ I cant figure out what front, 36h, wheel hub with disc i will need. I'm updating my ebike
  3. D

Ruff Lucky frame electric build

Thanks! I'll ping him, I'm looking for 26x2.5 double walled because it's going on an ebike
  4. D

Ruff Lucky frame electric build

What size rims are these? i've been having a hard time finding these mid sized wheels.. also if you don't mind where did you get them from? Thanks!
  5. D

Micargi Royal (basman clone) build

sent you a PM with a question. Hope your working on next build!
  6. D

they take 1"
  7. D

Where are you guys getting your wide wheels from?

Good find! putting these in a "wish list" so i don't forget about them
  8. D

Awesome! kinda exactly what I'm looking for! Lets keep them coming.
  9. D

Just wondering where your getting your wide wheels from.. i'm looking for 2 to 2.5" for the front and 3" in the rear. I will have to lace the rear into an electric motor hub. thanks for any pointers.
  10. D

once i have time i'm going to PM you a bunch of questions lol this way i have a plan going into winter time what i'm going to do.
  11. D

Micargi Royal Dutch

I LOVE IT! I'm def going to get bigger tires as well... hitting bumps at 25-27mph isn't to fun lol. And getting the springer fork to work was a big time killer. And i may change my handle bars because the grip has my wrists at a little bit of an angle and hard to squeeze tight at higher speeds...
  12. D

Thats what my bike should look like if i ever get time! lol LOVE IT! Here is latest pic. i'm going to build a box for my battery. it's an 8p13s i built out of laptop batteries. Next battery build i'll def make them out of new cells.
  13. D

Need some help with new fork

This is exactly what needed to be done.. with all the time and extra money spent. Along with monark telling me i'm using the wrong wheel. This was a major hassle. i literally could have bought a springer fork that works out of the box. Next time i'm just gonna use Sunlite Deluxe 26" Springer...
  14. D

Solution: Monark ii 2 forks with disc brake attachment do not fit disc wheels. Period. Solution 2: you must stretch the forks properly and evenly. You must have made exact measurements, moved the metal tabs to the inside and then readjust again after you try attaching the disc caliper. So if...
  15. D

update... there is no update. I had a front wheel made for me out of a rear freewheel.. and it's exactly the same disc hits the fork... it's to bad i waited a year and a 1/2 to install this fork. Monark had me reach out to a few motorbike people... 2 didn't get back to me... the third guy who...
  16. D

a 100mm QR(quick release) wheel fits perfect... if you put a disc on it... the disc hits the fork. There has to be some trick to it. i just don't know what the "gassers" have been doing. otherwise i need another solution for the fork that still looks cool with the bike. at this point i almost...
  17. D

Ok so I think I’m getting somewhere... I’m waiting on a reply from bikeberry.... and this link above is from bicycledesigner web site... they use a rear wheel for the front... do you think this will have a tighter clearance?
  18. D

monark is telling me i'm just using the wrong wheel. And nothing needs to be customized. What they aren't telling me is... what exact wheel setup they are using what front hub, what disc mount did they exactly use? Or do they take a certain wheel then build on the disc mount somehow? I don't...
  19. D

ok i tried all combinations and nothing is working... they say i'm using a wheel with a large disc mount. How can i build a wheel up with a different disc mount? any ideas anyone?
  20. D

1 year update. The only thing now is that i'm having issues with my monark II Fork. any 1" sprung forks out there that can take a disc?
Back