Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. threespeedmafia

Spaceliner Seat Post

Thanks! I got a laid-back post now.
  2. threespeedmafia

Spaceliner Seat Post

Thanks, guys! I had run to my LBS (which unfortunately is really a Trek dealer where you get "service" if you are buying a new Trek) and the young guy supposedly took my post to the back to measure it for me. Even though he never smiled or looked vaguely interested, I trusted he had measured it...
  3. threespeedmafia

Spaceliner Seat Post

Ok, so am I correct that the seatpost on my Spaceliner is 3/4"? If so, what is a modern replacement? I would maybe like a set back seatpost but none of the seatposts, all in mm, seem to be equivalent. Any help? Ideas? The top of the current post is very narrow and needs a very small clamp, and...
  4. threespeedmafia

Spaceliner Tire Questions

I am stuck with keeping the fenders, at least the rear fender for now. The screws holding the rear fender on are rusted with little to no slot to actually use a screwdriver to remove. I tried to use a back-out bit but it won't bite and I broke off two metal cutting drill bits trying to drill...
  5. threespeedmafia

Spaceliner Tire Questions

Hey guys, if I am using the original wheels on my Spaceliner, 26 x 1.75, what are my best options on tires and is there anything I need to be aware of when choosing a tire? I was thinking about getting red tires possibly. What about the Duro BMX tires? Do they ride terrible? Or is their...
  6. threespeedmafia

Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

'68 Lil Chik with convertible bar installed
  7. threespeedmafia

Tandem Town and Country Breeze
  8. threespeedmafia

Yardart Panther purchased for the racks for my son's Vette.
  9. threespeedmafia

My son and his 'vette.
  10. threespeedmafia

Bikes on bridges

80's Raleigh Bomber from Springs, South Africa with BMX bars hanging out on a hot afternoon.
  11. threespeedmafia

76 huffy thunder star

I'm just going to say, these Huffy's don't always earn respect but that bike has style. My first bike was a small, purple 2 wheeler from Western Auto and then for Christmas one year there was one of these Huffy Thunder Star "76" bikes by the tree in the den. Let me tell you that I was Evel...
  12. threespeedmafia

show your Spaceliners!!

I think it is a 64-65 -- 502 -- 4694C0 1579270 -- Is the C for Chrome?
  13. threespeedmafia

show your Spaceliners!!

I just entered the Space Race. Woohoo! Somebody sprayed the handlebars, stem, and the rack a grey/silver color that I will probably have to address fairly soon. Looks to have the remnants of red paint on the front forks. Saddle cover is mostly black tape. But it does have a Sears AllState...
  14. threespeedmafia

Questions from newbie...wheels and tank?

Thanks, guys!
  15. threespeedmafia

Questions from newbie...wheels and tank?

Where do most of you find newer style wheels for klunker builds? Do you look for inexpensive bikes on CL and yardsales to swap parts from? Most of what I can find are huffy and roadmaster and I really am trying to stay away from them since they are already rusty while sitting on wallyworld's...
  16. threespeedmafia

Hello from NW Miss/SW Tenn

Just wanted to give you guys all a shout out. You help eat up the rare downtime at work when I would rather be elsewhere playing. Not a rat builder per se as of yet, but getting closer. Mostly have been into British 3 spds but my son fell in love with an old Schwinn Corvette and I picked up...
  17. threespeedmafia

show your Spaceliners!!

Man i dig the spaceliners and their various cousins. That 5 bar frame really gets to me. I have been looking for some time, hoping the right one will fall out of the sky. Thought I might have found one outside of Nashville, a Murray Solar Flite, but dude won't answer calls or texts so i...
Back