Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Tim Maynard Jr.

"Stella" Got her Groove Back.

I like it too. But not as much as your Captain Spaulding profile picture haha!! Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
  2. Tim Maynard Jr.

Western Flyer Build!

Started with a 7 inch crank. Now I have a 5.5 inch. No more scrapping. Changed the wheel hub to a brake coaster. Only thing left is Pedals, headlight, and tail light. Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
  3. Tim Maynard Jr.

Western Flyer Build!

Thank you! Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
  4. Tim Maynard Jr.

Western Flyer Build!

And the seat color is wrong. Will have to reupholster again!! Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
  5. Tim Maynard Jr.

Western Flyer Build!

Still need new pedals. And now I know I need a lowrider crank. I rode it and the crank scraped real bad. But this is what I was wanting. It's like a stretched sting Ray.. I love it! Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
  6. Tim Maynard Jr.

New question maybe??

Yeah there are many different hubs I've learned here recently!! Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
  7. Tim Maynard Jr.

New question maybe??

I am only on this forum for the simple fact of uniqueness. What people have done on here is truely unique. I have a vision for this bike. I could do anything I want with it. I have a pair of 24s.... I don't want 24s I want 20s. I want to do something not many have done before. So for that...
  8. Tim Maynard Jr.

New question maybe??

Do you know of a good website?? Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
  9. Tim Maynard Jr.

New question maybe??

Yes I've done more research as well. My first initial thought was but a disc brakes kit and screw it to the hub.... That is definitely not the case! So new hub, and fabricating a bracket to the frame and forks.. I sure bit off more than I can chew with this one. But my dilemma is I'm putting 20...
  10. Tim Maynard Jr.

New question maybe??

Yes the bike I'm building I'm putting 20 inch wheels on them. And they are from a old bmx bike I have. I have looked into it a little more. And there is free coaster. Like you said for newer bmx bikes. And then there are coaster brake and cassette??? I'm new to all this so I'm sure I'm going to...
  11. Tim Maynard Jr.

New question maybe??

This might not be a big topic on here, but how do you turn a free coaster into a brake coaster. Is there a kit?? A diy trick?? Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
  12. Tim Maynard Jr.

20 inch wheels on a 26 inch cruiser possible??

Yes! I thought of that also. It would make the bike look kinda like a chopper. I'm not against it, but the price of those are a little steep for me. But I also don't want shorter cranks... So.. only time will tell.. also thank you for your reply! Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
  13. Tim Maynard Jr.

Hmm.. longer fork equals more pitch.. I like it. Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
  14. Tim Maynard Jr.

I know. I ordered custom tires so the rims are on the bike bare right now until they come in. I've been trying to look at it and imagine the extra couple inches of clearance I'll get when I add the tires... I'm thinking I might need a shorter crank... Probably like a unicycle crank.. Sent from...
  15. Tim Maynard Jr.

Western Flyer Build!

Here's the paint job. I wish I had known about this forum from the start of my build. As I am new I could have used a few pointers from you guys. But my theme is all black. With gum tires. Seat. Pedals and grips. Sounds weird but I'll post pics soon. It's almost done!! Sent from my SM-J327T1...
  16. Tim Maynard Jr.

Western Flyer Build!

This is my Western Flyer I found in the trash under a bridge haha.. it's a 26 inch but I'm putting 20s on it. Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
  17. Tim Maynard Jr.

Western Flyer

Thank you new to forums. Trying to figure it out haha. Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
  18. Tim Maynard Jr.

Western Flyer

Here's the paint job. I wish I had known about this forum from the start of my build. As I am new I could have used a few pointers from you guys. But my theme is all black. With gum tires. Seat. Pedals and grips. Sounds weird but I'll post pics soon. It's almost done!! Sent from my SM-J327T1...
  19. Tim Maynard Jr.

Dually cruiser

Now that's neet! Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
  20. Tim Maynard Jr.

Western Flyer

This is my Western Flyer I found in the trash under a bridge haha.. it's a 26 inch but I'm putting 20s on it. Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
Back