Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Old Bike Haul/Hoping for some Information

Oh yeah you’re right. I have another old Schwinn with non-original fenders that attach to the axle so I forgot that it isn’t standard. I’m thinking somebody just kind of mashed together a Western Flyer and a Schwinn at some point. That serial number just adds to the mystery
  2. J

This is one mystery I can solve for this bike at least. It’s not a skip tooth unless I’m misunderstanding what a skip tooth is.
  3. J

He also referenced this thread: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/schwinn-find-what-year-and-model.139860/#post-933518
  4. J

Ah got it. You learn something new every day.
  5. J

I agree on the little guy. It all matches up too closely to be anything else I think. I just want to find a number to confirm but it’s still eluding me. Here are the pictures of both sides of the crankset. No obvious date or clues that I can see but hopefully more educated eyes will be able to...
  6. J

Interesting. Why do the dropouts dictate whether or not it’s a skip tooth?
  7. J

Got some post-initial-scrub glamour shots for y’all. Not a whole lot of new revelations but a couple little things. it appears the roadmaster was re-painted at some point (which tracks because my aunt told me that grandpa re-painted one blue for her a long time ago). There’s some gray and...
  8. J

Oh that thing is cool! Beautiful work on that little buddy. My little one does kind of look like it. I just realized I didn’t get a good picture of the crank on it so I’ll have to snap a new picture and post it up too
  9. J

Interesting. Thanks! I’ll have to do some more digging on that one
  10. J

Thanks! I’m pretty excited about them all. I’ll have to give the little one a good scrubbing and look for the number again. I couldn’t see a number on the bottom bracket or the dropout but I’ll give it another go over. Thanks for the info on the Roadmaster. I’m in love with that thing. I looked...
  11. J

It’s the one in the last two pictures. This one:
  12. J

Interesting! Thanks for the info
  13. J

Same! I love the lines on the roadmaster and the blue one is so sleek looking
  14. J

That’s what somebody over on the cabe said too. I ran the serial number after you mentioned it, and you’re right it does come up is 1953. The only model that it really looks like from that years catalog is the Spitfire. I asked this over on the cabe as well and it may be a dumb question but did...
  15. J

It is cool looking for sure!
  16. J

Hello all! I went to visit my late grandpa’s old farm yesterday and came back with four barn fresh bicycles. I’ve got a 26” Cleveland Welding Co. Roadmaster, a 26” J.C. Higgins, a 24” Western Flyer, and a 20” that I can’t find a brand or serial number on. I have serial numbers for the first...
Back