Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

Red Chili Express

Got most of the mocking up done, need to get gearing in and chains set up, then finish the welding, strip it and paint it.
  2. C

New project mock up

Was lookin for some rims at a local non profit we have called BICAS, they get bikes donated and either do quick fixes and sell them or strip them down and sell them as parts. Found a wide steel 24", a narrow rear 24" with a flip-flop, prob relace it into anothe rim, and a new alloy 24" front...
  3. C

Will this work ?

So I don't really need 12 speeds and the front is a stamped double gear, yes I have others but I was wondering if I just leave the front derailer off with the right single chain ring wouldnt I have more than enough gears, I usually use only 2 or 3 gears on most multi gear bikes anyway. Guess it...
  4. C

Is it a GONGA ?

I was cruzin my dollar store and came across this rear safety lamp, has 7 diff flash modes. can clip to a back pack or comes with a mounting clamp. Wadda ya tink ?
  5. C

cassette removal

I have a Shimano VIA 6 speed cassette that I would like to remove from the hub, is this threaded onto the hub or is it more integral to the hub. Most of the Freewheel cassettes I've been able to break the center portion loose and spin it off, this one does not look the same. I do find 2 notches...
  6. C

12 speed huffy

Well this was a CL posting and it was supposed to have 24's on it but it wound up being a Huffy 12 speed with some dry rotted white walls on 26's. But at 20 bucks I figured the head and tail light with a generator would work on another project and this will probably become a single speed with...
  7. C

Possible Solution

Well how about this, I made an elongated U-bracket for a set of V-brakes as I'm running a 24" rim on a 26 straight BMX style fork.
  8. C

Callin all you ZONI's, dat's Arizona

Don't know if ya'll have heard, the bi-annual bicycle flea market is comin up, November 14 starts at 8am, but ya wanna get there a lil earlier, the hawks are out lookin for the good stuff and some resellers tend to try and get the better of the goodies. I've gotten some good parts, got my...
  9. C

Newest idea

Got bored again and started designing, 26" basic dimension frame, lowered seat tube, my skull designed dropouts.
  10. C

How far off the deepend have I gone ?

So we're wandering the local thrift store and we spy these, nice and narrow, got some nice flex to em, and for $2.00, yea not a whole lotta call for ski's in southern arizona, especially older out dated ones. After seeing the great leaf spring suspensions my mind started to wander, by the way...
  11. C

What the FRELL is up with my rims

I've heard many of you talk about the Schwinn rim sizes but I'm still naive. I have stripped and repainted a 75 Breeze for the wife, I went to put some tires on it but no way they were stretchin that far. I tried 26 x 1.75 and 26 x 1 1/2 neither would go, can I only run the skinny 26 x 1 3/8 ? I...
  12. C

Lookin for help

Tried the OTHER BIKES fourm no suggestions, so since this is where the real creativity is I'm gonna try askin here, Okay, so we took a 26" frame and stuck some 24" rims with a 24x2.6 High Roller in the front and a 24x3 big ole knobby Kenda in the rear. Workin the ration our right now to make...
  13. C

My ole man BMX

Okay, so we took a 26" frame and stuck some 24" rims with a 24x2.6 High Roller in the front and a 24x3 big ole knobby Kenda in the rear. Workin the ration our right now to make it a lil easier to get goin and takin on hills, currently runnin a 46 with a 17 freewheel. Currently NO BRAKES, rear...
  14. C

Hmmm what to do what to do

Been watchin and tinkerin a lil, figured no time like the present so I'm in on this build off... Hawthorn frame I picked up in April at the Bike Flea Market. Need to decide on which pedals, grips and light to use. Got the tires from a shop closin down here, only one brick so I picked up the...
  15. C

Check this local CL I found,

I nearly wet myself on this one, it's got to be the desert heat that fries their brains.... http://tucson.craigslist.org/bik/1165736120.html
  16. C

TUCSON - RACE - SWAP MEET

Well we got a race being held by Spooky Tooth at the go kart track for powered bicycles on Sat 4/18 and the spring 4th ave. bike swap meet on Sun 4/19. Who's goin and or comin might be cool to meet up with some of the Phx folk if they're comin down.
  17. C

Tubing Bender

Just found a new product at harbor freight, was designing one, but at this price I dont think I can pass it up, lol. Wish they had 1.5 and 1.75 rollers, may have to look around and see if I can scare some up.
  18. C

WHERE DID IT GO

I had a link to a site that you could put in your rim, hub and spoke count and layout your spoke pattern. I had to redo the laptop and lost the link, it let you place your spokes individually and worked really well. Anyone know what I'm talkin about ?
  19. C

Frame Design

The start of my custom frame, not sure how comfy it will be riding behind the upper lobe, but thats to be seen, may try and sneak a shock in the rear for the the rear trailing link. Spade stand offs for the bars, and maybe a spade shaped set of bars.
  20. C

Frame design

The start of my custom frame, not sure how comfy it will be riding behind the upper lobe, but thats to be seen, may try and sneak a shock in the rear for the the rear trailing link. Spade stand offs for the bars, and maybe a spade shaped set of bars.
Back