Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. MojoK

Black and Tan

My bare bones 196? BSA 3 speed path-racer. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/black-and-tan-b-s-a-done.109028/
  2. MojoK

Lejeune Folding bikes

I can find almost nothing about these on the Googler. I know I'm smitten with them, but don't know where to start for a price.Thanks https://westernmass.craigslist.org/bik/d/springfield-19-lejeune-folding-his-and/6946178032.html
  3. MojoK

Shimano Sante' 7 speed RD

A shot in the dark, I know, but I'd love to get one of these to rebuild an '87(?) Trek 1500 I've got my hands on. I'll settle for an Ultegra 600 if it's out there. Thanks
  4. MojoK

A nice gift...Royce Union

This one had belonged to my brother in law's dad before he passed. It looks like it had been well cared for while it was in use. Any damage probably came from the moving van or the storage container...the front caliper is bent like the cable had caught in something, bent fender stays...that sort...
  5. MojoK

fattireflyer.com

Our newest member here has launched a new bicycle blog site and is looking for feedback. I assure you there's no one here ( or anywhere!? ) that knows more about klunkers or the earliest mountain bikes than Repack Rider, and he's always been helpful answering questions. If you're into the...
  6. MojoK

These bikes keep following me home, continued

Euro bikes today...The Gazelle, a Moto (with a perfect suede saddle!), and a kind of cool Gottfried Industries boom bike.
  7. MojoK

REDUCED Schwinn S7 single speed

This is a set of S7s from a later Lil' Chick. Single speed with a shimano coaster brake. Tires are original but not in great shape. Original reflectors...these even have the plastic end cap protectors! I haven't touched them except rubbing the stanp with my thumb for this picture, but they...
  8. MojoK

Black and Tan B*S*A .... done !

I had made the trip out to the swap meet to find the missing parts to the Bullwinkle build... What I came home with was an extra crispy mid 60's (?) BSA 3 speed. I have just finished off a Hercules path racer build that is unfortunately too small to keep. The Hercules was started after...
  9. MojoK

I was at that swap meet...

I wasn't looking for a bike at Wethersfield, but this old BSA called to me. I think I might swap out the parts from the Hercules build, which is too small for me, onto this frame, which is just right, and keep her. No idea what year and there are no markings left on the wheels or hub. Doesn't...
  10. MojoK

Hawthorne Muscle

Acquired in trade.... I know nothing about it but it's kind of cool and probably worth more than the (free) ladies Schwinn Varsity I gave up for it. Whatever you guys want to tell me about it I'd be glad to know. It needs the seat recovered but other than that, it's in fine shape.
  11. MojoK

Parts Bin Pathracer ('66 Hercules)

I'll be setting aside my build off 14 project for a couple of weeks while I track down the parts I want. So....on to the next one... I'd picked this out of the same barn that Chickie's Butterfly Hunter came out of...another crusty $10 gem that went right into storage when I got it home. I...
  12. MojoK

"I can take use your old, unwanted bikes..."

That's the title of my craigslist ad. Pretty straight forward, right? Today Don replied. He found these two hanging in the rafters of his garage, left by the previous owner of the home....17 years ago. He never touched them until this week when he needed a repair done. The Schwinn is a '69...
  13. MojoK

50's Columbia Torpedo Rescue

Got this from the owners husband...the last chance to get it a home before it went to the dump, but she held out hope that someone might save her childhood ride. Wheels, cranks, and chain all spin freely, right down to the kick-shift hub. I always like a bike that comes with the story.
  14. MojoK

Chickie's Swinger Butterfly Hunter

A little back story... I've been sitting on a couple of girls 70's banana seat bikes for a while...A light purple Schwinn Lil' Chick and a roached out Penny's Swinger in green and white. I had promised Chickie ( Mojo Girl ), my 11 year old daughter that when I got Mom's Firebolt done I'd get to...
  15. MojoK

Columbia Paint

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/bik/d/columbia-approved-spray-paint-12oz/6787631288.html
  16. MojoK

Miss Firebolt

My entry in the "Underrated Bike Build-off", a 1961 Columbia Firebolt I'll put together for my wife. It had spent the last couple of years as a garden decoration which is so unfortunate. It's usually a joy for me to meet the people I buy these old bikes from, and I love to have the story of...
  17. MojoK

Trak Road Bike

No, that’s not a typo. I just found a 1970s Belgian made road bike from a company called Trak. A quick web search produced almost nothing about the bike or maker. Anyone here know anything about this or where to find out? My guess is that it’s very much like the mid level French bikes from the...
  18. MojoK

Have to try this for myself...first Rat

I went out for a pick to get an old Hercules, but came home with a couple of old balloon tire bikes. At first my plan had been to do a klunker-cruiser, but my time browsing here has turned me in another direction. I believe I can get this done with spares and a single roadside parts donor ( a...
  19. MojoK

Late 50's (?) Barn Bikes

I drove out to pick up an old Hercules 3 speed and found these in the barn... I told my wife that, even though they followed me home against my will, I felt obligated to take care of them. I was told they were bought used in 1960/61. My guess is late 50's AMF built for one of the department...
  20. MojoK

'77 Lil' Chik

This one is a complete Chicago bike, except for a front reflector... I believe they are even the original tires! I like everything about the bike for my granddaughters except the name. If I do anything more than an overhaul/tune up she'll get a new name...Stingray "Title IX" or "women's...
Back