Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. LeMad Hatter

Lasers and Explosions

Well, I wasn't able to paint her the way I wanted, but she's otherwise finished. Never could come up with a good name for this build. It sure is a crowd stopper, and at 11 feet long it's a great traffic stopper Here's a link to the build thread...
  2. LeMad Hatter

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝕃𝕒𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔼𝕩𝕡𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤

No idea what I should call this monstrosity, so I might as well do something to catch your attention. This is (I think) my third attempt at class 2 and I'm going to sell the farm if I can't finish this one. I've spent a good chunk of today aligning my frame jig. I didn't realize it, but when I...
  3. LeMad Hatter

Lost in Time

I'm still waiting on a bunch of parts, but this is going to be my entry for this year's build off There's some contention on exactly what year it is, but I believe it's a 1939 Western Flyer built by Shelby. I'm going to do a sympathetic resto mod and keep as much original patina as possible...
  4. LeMad Hatter

Who's punk is this?

I've had an idea for a fast, agile cyberpunk style bike for a while now and figured this was as good of a time as any to get started on it. The starting point is this Kent hybrid flip flop frame I got last black Friday just for the wheels. Which sucks, because now I don't have wheels for this...
  5. LeMad Hatter

A question about the rules

I know that almost every bike I've built for the RRBBO class 1 has come within a hair's breadth of being kicked into class 2, so I wanted some clarity. Specifically for the "Skinny Tire" category. Are we required to use a standard production, unmodified frame, or is it a little more "open class"?
  6. LeMad Hatter

Girthy Gerty

Just finished the old girl this morning. Rode over to the park for some pictures and got stopped by a large group of people and every one of them wanted to know if I was going to restore my bike back to original condition. Naturally, they were all shocked when I told them I made it look this way...
  7. LeMad Hatter

Nightmare on Elgin Street

Oh, I can already hear the collective screams of "WHAT THE HECK IS THIS IDIOT DOING CUTTING UP A COMPLETE '38 ELGIN¿!?¡". My response: Mwahaha! WELL, for starters, the frame is already cracked and the down tube is rusted through. Secondly, I have tried giving it away and people still run from...
  8. LeMad Hatter

Girthy Gerty

Started the day off right shopping for new parts at the Monroe bike swap meet. I've already changed my plans and starting bike from a Huffy Sportsman that I picked out of a junkyard to this Hawthorne frame. I dressed it up to ride around the swap meet today, but the only thing that's going to...
  9. LeMad Hatter

Cooked goose

Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time I feel alive And the world I'll turn it inside out, yeah I'm floating around in ecstasy So, (don't stop me now) (Don't stop me) 'Cause I'm having a good time, having a good time So here we are again, RRBBO 16! We've had almost 8 months to recover...
  10. LeMad Hatter

Full Monty Rides Again

Here is the 60's-ish Huffy that i saved from the landfill on a lark. I didn't have any real plans to build it into anything special until almost August. Then it was a mad scramble to get it done in time for the build off. But it rides and I'm happy with it for now.
  11. LeMad Hatter

BO15 Monty-the full Monty

I decided to save an abused Huffy frame from a trip to the scrap yard earlier this year and it's been great so far, bent wheels and all. But like any bike i own, it gets kind of boring after a while. Plus my lanky frame doesn't fit onto a regular bike very well. So i decided to do something...
  12. LeMad Hatter

ElDoRATo

Here's some pics of my Rat Stretched Huffy ElDorado. It's a bolt on stretch modification I started late last year and just perfected today. Super stable, pretty easy to do and gives the bike a killer stance. Was just barely able to get the chain to clear the seat stays without bending the...
  13. LeMad Hatter

BO15 Firestone Super Cruiser 2.0

Hello, and welcome back to another episode of "What the heck is this guy doing anyways?" On today's show, we're starting off slow and laying out some of the bear necessities of this year's build. Starting with an unknown year Firestone Super Cruiser, we're going to cut, slash, shave, mangle, and...
  14. LeMad Hatter

Master link

Here's the donor bike, together for the last time. The plan is to mate the 16" girls Stingray fork to some meaty 26x2.5" whitewalls, with some #120 chain thrown into the blender at some point, strung around 90s huffy mtb running gear. Wish me luck!
  15. LeMad Hatter

On the down low

Here's my starting bike. An unknown year, Austrian made JC Higgins bike. The plan is to convert it from a coaster hub to a 3 speed, replace the busted pedals and generally make it a better cruiser. Starting on it later tonight by breaking it down to service the bearings and unstick the seat post
Back