Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Mr. Farrell

on the low low!!

Hey peeps... need some opinions on my trike build. i've had a trail mate regal sitting around for a while because we weren't happy with the frame design (square tubing and no character at all)... but i recently found out that i could remove the rear end, so now im looking into hookin it up...
  2. Mr. Farrell

headset wiggle

hello old friends. long time no see. i just reassembled our 78 stingray and i noticed the front end is super wobbly. i can feel the headset moving back and forth when push/pull on the handle bars. i need to know which part of the headset i need to tighten to fix this. when i put on the crown...
  3. Mr. Farrell

headset gap

got my new springer in the mail from choppers us yesterday. install was a nuisance as always, since i dont have a repair stand. it seems to fit pretty well... except... i've got a pretty noticeable gap between the upper bearing cup and race. i would say it's about an 1/8th of an inch. the...
  4. Mr. Farrell

springer on ebay

has anybody used one of these chinese made springers? i know you get what ya pay for but considering it's half the price of others it might be worth it. sales are final though, so i gotta be sure this will work. give me all the feedback ya got. i was thinking of ordering from choppers us...
  5. Mr. Farrell

Gettin Hitched!!!!

My time has come. My lovely fiance and I are tying the knot tonight. Wish me luck!!!! We'll be in Jamaica the rest of the week for the honeymoon. I'll soak up some sun for all you guys. 8) Peace.
  6. Mr. Farrell

rawhide!!!

picked this up from a local bike "hoarder" off craigslist. the bike and bars all for $10!! this guys backyard was like a hedge maze... an 2' wide path with junk piled head high on both sides. we went to looking for 20" wheels then i saw this. it's got the right size wheels and a sweet banana...
  7. Mr. Farrell

White Walls

tell me what brands you guys like... the pro's, the con's. i wanna hear everyone's opinion. I've seen that bikeworlsusa has the best price but they look pretty generic. so... im trying to decide on a compromise between brand name and price. i think i've settled on getting some Bontrager...
  8. Mr. Farrell

whats 8ft long, has no legs, and goes 80mph?

... a tandem in the back of a PT Cruiser. :mrgreen: this thing barely fit. i had to take off both wheels, the rear fender, and the front handlebars. :| drove 3.5hrs to and from to get this thing... but for $100 it was well worth it. it's kinda rough but it's gonna super fly when we get...
  9. Mr. Farrell

chopper forks

im looking at getting one of the new style chopper bikes to use the fork. the head tube on the chopper bikes are much longer. does anyone know if those forks can be adjusted? or would i have to cut i down to size? thanx.
  10. Mr. Farrell

2 new bikes

getting free bikes is really not helping with this new addiction. Penny's mom moved into a new house and look what she found in the attic. woot!! 78 huffy El Dorado in great condition. It was mighty dusty. I cleaned it up a bit. The tires still hold air. The brake is shot though...
  11. Mr. Farrell

Spaceliner

Found this at the swap meet this morning... but the guy was asking $125 so i had to pass. I know, I know... you're thinking "how could you pass that up!!" It looks like it had been painted then stripped.
  12. Mr. Farrell

finally!!

After searching craigslist for a couple of months i finally found my bike. every thing listed before was more than i wanted to pay or got scooped up before i could get it. so then there was a listing for a bunch of bikes for sale with no specifics or pics. i called the guy and made sure he had...
  13. Mr. Farrell

head badge help

How do i get this Schwinn head badge off? i figured the screws were standard threaded flatheads but i tried unscrewing them and they wont budge. I started thinking they might be pull out tabs, but that's doubtful. i figure better safe than sorry, so I ask the advice of the rat rod gods. :)...
  14. Mr. Farrell

Fisher Price, my first bike build.

Ok... so here we go. My wife Penny got this one on craigslist for $60 and a haircut. If my calculations are correct it's a 78 stingray. I still havent been able to confirm if it was Chicago made. It's gonna end up as more of a lowrider, 'cause Penny likes to be flashy. :) It's in pretty...
  15. Mr. Farrell

Mr Farrell in tha house!!

What's up everybody?! My name's Farrell. Im 26... born, raised and still representin' Oklahoma City... 405!! I've been lurking around the forums for about a month now and finally decided it was time to join up. My wife and I started riding a couple of months ago to get some excersize and save...
Back