Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. ozlow37

Muscle Memory - starting back up

Yea don't think they sell large quantities. They seem to offer small runs of different styles. All imported from China.
  2. ozlow37

So that's where I ended up from the Build Off. Ran out of time and took on a few too many ideas when what I wanted was a bike I could ride once the weather picked up. I finished the paint. Got most of the parts Powder coated and put it together. Been riding it for the last 2 weeks as is. Little...
  3. ozlow37

How do I look at moving or copying this build into another section of the forum. Even if it's just my posts I would like to push it over so I can continue updating. Been busy with work and just haven't had time to work on it. Got some paint down today and happy with the results. Course Silver...
  4. ozlow37

Loooking into Tank design for this bike. As much as I would like to build a Buck and Mould for the Tank, I just can't spend that kind of money of the bike as of yet. Hoping to do the Tank towards the end of the Build. Plan would be to lay out the base of the Tank similar to how Rusty started...
  5. ozlow37

Quick rundown of the process. Materials - Wax and Grease Remover - Wide Blue Painters Tape - Tamiya PS-42 Translucent Yellow First attempt. I have gone with painting on the inside of the glass. In the hopes to minimise and chips or flaking off it should be well protected. Applied Wide...
  6. ozlow37

First attempt, not so good. Will try again but that will be the last of the material. Heat gun probably focus too much rather than a spread. Doesn't help that the glass is so intricate with the raised sections in 3 different directions. Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk Sent from my...
  7. ozlow37

Replacement shifter mechanism came in today. Previous one was a bit rough, plastic cover was cracked. Yellow tint film came in also. Shoved in the mailbox to give the corner a nice fold. As expected. You think if your business on eBay was selling stickers you would have a Do Not Bend on the...
  8. ozlow37

Ground back old mounting points and then welded them back up. First coat of filler on the shifter bracket. Real thin as I got the bracket flush. Etch Primer and Primer Filler. Will give a light sand tomorrow and see how it's all come out. Blending seems good so far. Should have really got the...
  9. ozlow37

Moved the rear shifter this morning. A bit obtrusive where it was. Removed the exisiting tab bracket and moved it to the rear. Only requires 1 of the brackets not both. Not sure why it was done with 2. Possibly strength or for looks. Tig Welded the bracket. No crazy stacked dimes for me. Just...
  10. ozlow37

It's here. Couldn't be happier with the quality of the light. Feels real solid. Nice quality glass. Been following a few different tutorials for applying the film. Looking for a few LED tutorials and this seems to be the best. Towards the end of the build I'll look at possibly doing this, but...
  11. ozlow37

More time spent on taking most of the parts off. Will get to the Crank tomorrow hopefully. Never taken a wheel off with internal gears in the hub so found a YouTube video to walk me through. Easier than expected. Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  12. ozlow37

Shifter Update It's always seemed to have a extra bit of movement on this shifter. Took it apart and seen the problem. The tab connectiolng to the shifter was bent slightly. Replacement has been ordered, a bit more expensive than expected but the overall product im happy with. Should be here...
  13. ozlow37

Ordered a few more parts. Thinking I should have ordered all of this before the build off. A lot of you have a secret stash at the start all ready to go. It's so quick to be bumped to the last page. Bought a Triangle Headlight and still deciding to go with the Yellow tint on the glass or leave...
  14. ozlow37

First parts for the build. The Seat was $21.99 AUD with Free Post from eBay. Same as all the other one on AliExpress and other Overseas Traders. Not bad quality for the price. Blue Brake and Gear Cables. Continuing with the colour theme, but a lighter blue. I want a full range of Blues with...
  15. ozlow37

Built one around 2 years ago.Was a quick build but didn't own it for more than a month. Besides that I haven't touched a Bike in 6 years. Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  16. ozlow37

I am going to start this build off with an Australian built Reproduction Bike, based roughly of the Dragster Bikes of the 60's, 70's and 80's. The Jube Shifty. They ran a smallish production run of these bikes in a few different varieties and continue to change up the roster every couple of...
  17. ozlow37

Originally started in a build off thread I had run out of time and had a few other jobs going on. Will continue the build in this thread. Reposting previous post to get it back how it was. Forget to build for too long and your skills will suffer, but once you return the gains will return fast...
  18. ozlow37

Muscle Memory - Painting Candy Brandywine - Out of Time 09/07

How do I look at moving or copying this build into another section of the forum. Even if it's just my posts I would like to push it over so I can continue updating. Been busy with work and just haven't had time to work on it. Got some paint down today and happy with the results. Course Silver...
  19. ozlow37

Almost on the 3rd page. Been a away on Holidays for a little while and been busy since I have been back. Decided against getting the Seat Upholstered in Thailand as I was running out of time and they weren't able to work on it from a Friday till Tuesday. Timing wasn't right and I was out of the...
  20. ozlow37

Set out with 2 x the thickness. Just a strip underneath for now. Will get a router and put a radius around the panel. What do you all think, on the right track. ? Progress will slow down for a bit next week as I will be on a short holiday. While I'm at it the Seat will be coming with me to...
Back